Things you never said until you had chickens.......

I go into the coop once or twice a day to collect poops that are destined for the garden. Being new at this, I am noticing all different sizes and consistencies, so when I find good one I find
myself saying, " Now that's a nice poop!" My girls aren't laying yet. Hopefully one day I'll also be saying, " Now that's a nice egg!!"

My girls and I have been foraging together because we had a hawk attack last week. So I am weeding while they forage. When I find a good, juicy bug I may say, " Look, mommie
has a nice bug for you!" and I try to get it to them before it gets out of my hand.

I said to a friend who was visiting my girls. " Feel her feet, they are so warm." OMG! What's happening to me?

To the good looking young man in the fodder store:
"Excuse me, do you have chicken nipples? "
welcome-byc.gif
yuckyuck.gif

I just splooshed gatorade all over myself reading that!!!
lau.gif

i was getting some hardware cloth for my new enclosure and the good looking young man in the Agway was asking if i found everything ok... and i just looked at HIM... and said Yep... and realized i was kinda staring... turned beet red and turned around and marched away... glad i didn't have to ask him for nipples...

Me and my friend both have chickens and have our own chicken lingo. Puffy cheeks are americonas. Puffy butts are Cochins. There r more.

One day my friend goes to the hardware store where I work but it was my day off so she asked a guy I work with for a latch said she needed it for her puffy butts then she asked for hardware cloth said it was for her puffy cheeks. Next day at work I was asked what r puffy butts and puffy cheeks with a puzzled look. I told him chickens. He walked away saying crazy chicken people. :)

I got a roo from a student this spring. He was about a year old and had been raised with another roo. When he came to us his name was Blackberry. After meeting my 26 girls we have renamed him Berry White!

When I talk to the girls I don't tend to make chicken noises, instead I talk to them and answer by talking for them. We have some wonderful conversations and they always seem to get me.

Finally, we have about 4 generations of chickens in our flock. They are the big babies, the oldest babies, the tiny babies, and the baby girls. Worst part is the whole family knows exactly which girls I am referring to
lau.gif

Me to my rir: "Victoria, peck me again and I am sending you to freezer camp!"

"just remember, I am higher on the food chain"

"stop laying your eggs in the tree stump and get back on your nest!"

:welcome :yuckyuck
I just splooshed gatorade all over myself reading that!!!:lau

i was getting some hardware cloth for my new enclosure and the good looking young man in the Agway was asking if i found everything ok... and i just looked at HIM... and said Yep... and realized i was kinda staring... turned beet red and turned around and marched away... glad i didn't have to ask him for nipples...

FUNNY! I didn't think twice about it at first, but just as the nice young man located the chicken nipples, he got called to help another customer and a lovely lady had to finish helping me with my purchase. I don't think she quite believed me when I told her:
"The young man has already found my chicken nipples and I just need some grain now".!! Oops!! :D

"I'm gonna go scrape the poop board."

"Just stick your finger inside her and see if you can feel an egg in there!" (I was out of town and my parents thought one of the hens had an egg stuck inside of her)

"I love the sound of rooster crowing."

"Yeah, chicken sex is pretty brutal." (explaining chicken mating to my parents who were witnessing it for the first time)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom