Things you wish you could say

every employee to every boss, ever.
I would always think "I just want to work for a boss that wants to make money!" Meaning, I would work harder if they would just make rational decisions so we weren't making 'good time in the wrong direction' or doing non productive things.
Then I went to work for the goofiest jerk ever. I started my OWN business.:lau
So I've chilled out some since. Learned to just go with it.
-Being a Crusader doesn't pay well. (Or for long.)
-The squeaky wheel gets changed.
-Your job is not to make the Boss money. It is to make your supervisor look good.
-It's important to know if you have a job or a career.
-Remember, You were looking for a job when you got here, you'll be looking for a job when you leave.
-The end reason you work is to provide for your self and family, not to please your Boss.

-Being a Crusader doesn't pay well. (Or for long.)
-The squeaky wheel gets changed.
-Your job is not to make the Boss money. It is to make your supervisor look good.
-It's important to know if you have a job or a career.
-Remember, You were looking for a job when you got here, you'll be looking for a job when you leave.
-The end reason you work is to provide for your self and family, not to please your Boss.
Oh. So. True!

Here's my take, @Hayden Goseek. I agree with everything you say for most jobs/careers, but not necessarily for mine:
-Being a Crusader doesn't pay well. (Or for long.) - In my line of work, being a crusader gets you noticed, promoted, and rewarded (but burnout is REAL)
-The squeaky wheel gets changed. - Here, the squeaky wheel gets what they need, depending on how they squeak, to whom, and how often
-Your job is not to make the Boss money. It is to make your supervisor look good. - My job here is to achieve goals. Does it make my supervisor look good when I do achieve them? Sure, but, far more importantly, it has a direct impact on the community, so supervisor's needs are bottom of my list (almost always) and it's never a problem
-It's important to know if you have a job or a career. - This is true. I have a career and a calling. If this was a job, I wouldn't care as much, put up with as much, or work as hard as I do. And folks who see this career as a job don't last long and don't achieve much.
-Remember, You were looking for a job when you got here, you'll be looking for a job when you leave. - Very true, but at this point in my career, I get offers regularly. I don't really have to look anymore unless I am making a big move.
-The end reason you work is to provide for your self and family, not to please your Boss. - I work for my students WAY before my boss.

Back
Top Bottom