Things you wish you could say

Because I cull my own birds for having problems (bad legs, scissor beak) does not mean I'm heartless. It's just as cruel to make it survive, in pain than to mercifully put an end to it's suffering
being a responsible animal caregiver is hard! animals and people deserve a "quality of life"--just breathing isn't living

being a responsible animal caregiver is hard! animals and people deserve a "quality of life"--just breathing isn't living
And I get that sometimes the problem can be fixed, but you /can't/ tell me that the bird with a leg so fused and twisted as chick that it can hardly move and is a third the weight as the siblings or the pullet that has scissor beak so bad that she can hardly drink, not to mention eat, are living a full, enjoyable life

And I get that sometimes the problem can be fixed, but you /can't/ tell me that the bird with a leg so fused and twisted as chick that it can hardly move and is a third the weight as the siblings or the pullet that has scissor beak so bad that she can hardly drink, not to mention eat, are living a full, enjoyable life
And to add to this a little bit, what some people are willing to do and how much they're willing to spend on one bird with disabilities/illness, etc is something they've put on themselves, it doesn't apply to me. I am not willing to hand feed a scissor beak meatbird every day, but that doesn't have to be your choice. It also doesn't mean I'm cruel or heartless.

Also with extra males or aggressive males.

You may be willing to put you and your children in harm's way, but I am not. I also do not love the idea of feeding 30 birds I can't use and can't give away.

The ratio is screwed unfortunately for the male, and while I'm not against batchlor flocks for extra males, I will not have them

Back
Top Bottom