Things you wish you could say

I find this extremely annoying:

Your chicken, duck or whatever you have got attacked by a predator and is in bad shape. I'm sorry that happened, it sucks but by the look of the picture you posted that is beyond home care treatment. I get it, I hate taking my animals to the vet and treat them myself but there is a point you need to give them professional care. Yes, I get vets are expensive.. I am broke myself. YES, I get it that you live in the middle of nowhere.. I use to live a hour out of town. YET you insist you can take care of that gash that clearly needs stitches and you can fix that clearly broken leg. AND you say you don't want to kill your bird either.. then what the heck are you asking advice for if you're just going to disagree with it.

Sorry, part of owning animals is making sure they go see a vet when it is needed. Even if it means paying with money you might not have or driving farther than you like. Just part of life..

Last edited:

Your chicken, duck or whatever you have got attacked by a predator and is in bad shape. I'm sorry that happened, it sucks but by the look of the picture you posted that is beyond home care treatment. I get it, I hate taking my animals to the vet and treat them myself but there is a point you need to give them professional care. Yes, I get vets are expensive.. I am broke myself. YES, I get it that you live in the middle of nowhere.. I use to live a hour out of town. YET you insist you can take care of that gash that clearly needs stitches and you can fix that clearly broken leg.

Sorry, part of owning animals is making sure they go see a vet when it is needed. Even if it means paying with money you might not have or driving farther than you like. Just part of life..
I've never seen so many pseudo vets in my life (aka none) as on byc

I've never seen so many pseudo vets in my life (aka none) as on byc
I think there's more witch doctors here than anything.

The day I hear an actual DVM suggest stuffing garlic and pumpkin seeds down a chicken's throat to cure what ails them, is the day I'll renounce BCs and hail to Leghorns.

Last edited:

Your chicken, duck or whatever you have got attacked by a predator and is in bad shape. I'm sorry that happened, it sucks but by the look of the picture you posted that is beyond home care treatment. I get it, I hate taking my animals to the vet and treat them myself but there is a point you need to give them professional care. Yes, I get vets are expensive.. I am broke myself. YES, I get it that you live in the middle of nowhere.. I use to live a hour out of town. YET you insist you can take care of that gash that clearly needs stitches and you can fix that clearly broken leg.

I would never take a chicken to the vet. Ever. If I can't fix it myself, then the bird gets culled

This is why I hate people. You deserve an award for dealing with that crap.
And that award comes in a glass. Cheers!

Better living through chemistry.

You've heard of the 80/20 rule. Something to the effect that 80% of your work effort goes to the 20% of the people that demand more. If we could eliminate that 20%, life would be better.

I think there's more witch doctors here than anything.

The day I hear and actual DVM suggest stuffing garlic and pumpkin seeds down a chicken's throat to cure what ails them, is the day I'll renounce BCs and hail to Leghorns.
You hear that @The Moonshiner ? Better get researching! :lau

Killing a severely injured bird who won't do well without veterinary care is a lot better than watching it die slowly.
And of course DE, garlic, and pumpkin seeds cure everything!
Mary
First part: EXACTLY!
Second part: partially true, DE and garlic do help a lot but not always a "cure". I've been into alternative medicine/homeopathy for over 10 years but you need to know what you are doing. There is a trick to that stuff. Pumpkin seeds.. I've never came across that they were a cure to anything.

Back
Top Bottom