Things you wish you could say

I did not mean to suggest that. If people want to, and it makes them feel good, then that's up to them. No judgment either way. I can't imagine anyone saying "you would be so much prettier without makeup." I mean what's personal choice is nobody else's business. Or telling someone how they should wear their hair or something. Right? That's like, what we call a "nunya." As in, it's "nunya" business.
no,no I wasn't saying you were, of course not! I mean that in society's eyes, it doesn't particularly matter how you feel. The makeup companies want your money and society expects you to look awesome. I do think that it is 100/10 a personal decision. If you want to wear it, you go and wear makeup. If you don't, then don't. I just think that people expect to much out of others.

Hellooo I'm back again with another post about appearances. Been very self conscience recently so there may be a few of these.
For those of you that don't know I am non-binary/gender fluid. I have my pronouns in my tags.
Feeling androgynous is the average for me. I like being in the middle and it feels right.
Feeling feminine is more common than masculine, but still not super common.
Feeling masculine is rare for me.
When I feel androgynous I wear baggy clothing in dark colors like dark pine green and dark leather brown. I love the look. I wear things that are more form fitting when I feel feminine. I wear baggier, less shaping clothes when I feel masculine.
There are many comments made on every type of outfit I wear. As a young person, this is detrimental to my self-esteem. It might not seem like a big deal if someone makes a comment, but social media has evolved to the point where every insecurity can be hidden away by a filter or makeup. Not many people online show their insecurities. Or talk about them.
If I look andro, I get comments like, "You need to wear tighter clothing. You look kind of like a boy," or, "Moth, you look like a rat today with that baggy clothing on."
If I look fem, I get comments such as, "You dress so preppy. Get your own style." or "Aww, is Moth trying to be preppy now?" (Yeah it's stupid but it's been said.)
If I look masc, it's "You look like a hobo lol" or "Are you depressed? That's a depression outfit right there."
It's not that big of a deal but it still hurts a lot. I don't like a lot of myself now because of people.
I have an insane overbite, and it's been commented on a lot. I now cover my mouth when I laugh and smile without my teeth.
Sometimes I have eye bags. They say that I look like I'm on drugs. I try to use products to get rid of those.
I hate my eyebrows because one time someone said they were really thick.
I hate my nails because people call them cat claws. I really like how they look though.
I hate my laugh because it's ugly and loud "compared to other peoples"
I hate my personality because I'm "mean" and "bossy" and "sassy." I don't want to change my personality, but I've been trying to.

No one should hate their bodies or themselves because other people notice something off.
Don't change yourself, Moth. Be true to yourself. In five years you won't even know any of these people, they are not important. Just be you. Somebody called me a bag lady once because I wear what's comfortable. And yeah, I'm one of those weirdos that wears socks with sandals. And you know what? I don't care. I hate the way bare feet feel in my sandals, they feel sticky and gross. So if anyone doesn't like the way it looks they can just not look. I'm 70 years old and I like me just the way I am. You're okay just the way you are too. So jjust enjoy being you, okay? It's all good. You're the only you there is.

no,no I wasn't saying you were, of course not! I mean that in society's eyes, it doesn't particularly matter how you feel. The makeup companies want your money and society expects you to look awesome. I do think that it is 100/10 a personal decision. If you want to wear it, you go and wear makeup. If you don't, then don't. I just think that people expect to much out of others.
And I 100% agree. :hugs

Hellooo I'm back again with another post about appearances. Been very self conscience recently so there may be a few of these.
For those of you that don't know I am non-binary/gender fluid. I have my pronouns in my tags.
Feeling androgynous is the average for me. I like being in the middle and it feels right.
Feeling feminine is more common than masculine, but still not super common.
Feeling masculine is rare for me.
When I feel androgynous I wear baggy clothing in dark colors like dark pine green and dark leather brown. I love the look. I wear things that are more form fitting when I feel feminine. I wear baggier, less shaping clothes when I feel masculine.
There are many comments made on every type of outfit I wear. As a young person, this is detrimental to my self-esteem. It might not seem like a big deal if someone makes a comment, but social media has evolved to the point where every insecurity can be hidden away by a filter or makeup. Not many people online show their insecurities. Or talk about them.
If I look andro, I get comments like, "You need to wear tighter clothing. You look kind of like a boy," or, "Moth, you look like a rat today with that baggy clothing on."
If I look fem, I get comments such as, "You dress so preppy. Get your own style." or "Aww, is Moth trying to be preppy now?" (Yeah it's stupid but it's been said.)
If I look masc, it's "You look like a hobo lol" or "Are you depressed? That's a depression outfit right there."
It's not that big of a deal but it still hurts a lot. I don't like a lot of myself now because of people.
I have an insane overbite, and it's been commented on a lot. I now cover my mouth when I laugh and smile without my teeth.
Sometimes I have eye bags. They say that I look like I'm on drugs. I try to use products to get rid of those.
I hate my eyebrows because one time someone said they were really thick.
I hate my nails because people call them cat claws. I really like how they look though.
I hate my laugh because it's ugly and loud "compared to other peoples"
I hate my personality because I'm "mean" and "bossy" and "sassy." I don't want to change my personality, but I've been trying to.

No one should hate their bodies or themselves because other people notice something off.
Are you still in high school? I just want to know how I should proceed with responding to this...

Screw it.

If you are, then you just described, well, me. When I was in high school, I got the same 💩 comments, from both the boys and the girls. And I tell you now, that as you get older, those comments are going to seep into your skin, and they can become either a scar or a barrier. Those asshats are going to say whatever they think will get to you. Well. Eff them! Force those comments to become another barrier until your skin is thick enough where you can smile, flip your hair, and walk away with a toodles wave. You are you. And you are a stronger force than any of them can deal with, so they need to try to knock you down to their level of inadequacy. Soak up those comments like they are little rays of sunshine. They will help you become even stronger, until only the best of the best can handle you, and then you will find yourself surrounded by 2 groups of people: The best, and those that barely blip on your radar. You wear whatever you want to wear. You keep your hair however you like. You wear makeup if it helps you feel confident. And you keep those nails nice and sharp, because that is the only way to claw your way out of hell and create a mental heaven for yourself. You be you, and damn the rest of the world. ❤️✌🏻

Are you still in high school? I just want to know how I should proceed with responding to this...

Screw it.

If you are, then you just described, well, me. When I was in high school, I got the same 💩 comments, from both the boys and the girls. And I tell you now, that as you get older, those comments are going to seep into your skin, and they can become either a scar or a barrier. Those asshats are going to say whatever they think will get to you. Well. Eff them! Force those comments to become another barrier until your skin is thick enough where you can smile, flip your hair, and walk away with a toodles wave. You are you. And you are a stronger force than any of them can deal with, so they need to try to knock you down to their level of inadequacy. Soak up those comments like they are little rays of sunshine. They will help you become even stronger, until only the best of the best can handle you, and then you will find yourself surrounded by 2 groups of people: The best, and those that barely blip on your radar. You wear whatever you want to wear. You keep your hair however you like. You wear makeup if it helps you feel confident. And you keep those nails nice and sharp, because that is the only way to claw your way out of hell and create a mental heaven for yourself. You be you, and damn the rest of the world. ❤️✌🏻
I am in high school lol.
And yeah, that sums it up perfectly. And I absolutely love the way you phrased everything 🤣

I am in high school lol.
And yeah, that sums it up perfectly. And I absolutely love the way you phrased everything 🤣
Thank you. 😂 Those tiny minded creatures are far beneath you. Just make sure you keep them there. Right under your boot, where they belong.

When I was in school, there was a very popular boy. He made snide remarks, made friends with every rat there was, but he was also a straight-A student and was voted most likely to succeed. He played every sport our school offered, and made fun of us chunky kids. Well. I went and looked him up about a year ago. He was, and most likely still is, a nobody that went nowhere and his life appears to be a rolling dumpster fire. Karma likes to slap people real hard, so you just need to be a good person who takes care of what/who matters to you, and let them trip themselves over the side of the metaphorical cliff. ✌🏻

I found a couch potato at the tiny store down the street and I paid a whopping 15¢ for it! I love my couch potato. He is my favorite dust collector. 🥰
They sell these at thrift stores now?
IMG_0402.gif

Back
Top Bottom