Things You Wish You Would Have Known?

I still want to see it.... LOL
HA, chip! OK so we'll give it another go tonight (she's going to give me a look I know it!) I recon with my shop light and my wife at the door it'll come out better or least ways so you can SEE something besides Jeanie's butt end 90% of the time.
Hey how things like your end of the world anyhow? Always wanted to go to Australia. From what I seen in movies and what all it's some beautiful country. These days my wife and I do our "traveling" by google earth, haha

When the roosts are high above your head, DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT look up with your mouth open to see who or what is up there! Better yet, if you have to look up to see who or what is up there, stand under the doorway to do it.

Chickens can have explosive poo- just because you figured out a way to avoid messes in the design of your coop doesn't mean you won't ever find poop where you thought no poop should ever fall. I have no idea how this happened, but there is one chunk of dried poo on the ceiling of my coop. I kid you not. I'm still trying to figure out the dynamics of how that happened.

When the roosts are high above your head, DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT look up with your mouth open to see who or what is up there! Better yet, if you have to look up to see who or what is up there, stand under the doorway to do it.

Chickens can have explosive poo- just because you figured out a way to avoid messes in the design of your coop doesn't mean you won't ever find poop where you thought no poop should ever fall. I have no idea how this happened, but there is one chunk of dried poo on the ceiling of my coop. I kid you not. I'm still trying to figure out the dynamics of how that happened.
gig.gif

I wish I had known that taking down the old wire and putting up cross pieces. verticals, and hardware cloth, would take more than a day... So far, I've gotten the lower portion of the right side completed. Not bad for a woman with arthritic thumb joints in each hand, bad knees, post tendon transfer in the left foot, and rotator cuff surgery scheduled for September 7.

I am crazy Chicken woman, hear me roar!
celebrate.gif

lookin' good!
Thanks, everyone! Part of it is all the fencing staples needing to be hammered in. Oh, how I long for one of those thiingies that runs off of a compressor...

Still, I am feeling accomplished. I used to do stuff like this all the time, both inside and outside the house. Some of the fun was spending time with the flock.

Nice to know that I'm not the only one who thinks that work will finished quickly and then finds out "NOT"!

Time for bed, It's another day of construction tomorrow :)

Oh yes, I wish I had listened to myself and not hung the horizontals with exactly 46" apart. The idea was that not having to cut the hardware cloth would be great... yeah, but hammering the staples in with that tiny overlap really sucks! next time...

Back
Top Bottom