~*Third Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatch-Athon*~ all poultry welcome!

Count me in!!!! I'll be hatching Narrangansett poults - as long as my girls cooperate that is.
wee.gif

Never even looked at the hatch alongs and I'd like to just follow this one :) I have a BR pair I bought from.a lady near the center of the state. I really hope to get a bronze or two this year as eggs or chicks to raise and add. I'm interested in crossing them eventually.

My hen is just starting to go broody so I'm.hoping to see what other peoples' birds are doing :)

Last edited:
Im in on this. Last year was fun. My flock is a little bigger this year so I should have more eggs.
I have 2 Toms and 6 Hens all Bourbon Reds

Here are some pics of my flock

I live on the eastern sea board of the USA. Is there enough light in a day in February for my Turkey TOO be LAYING? I'm pretty sure she's old enough too start...

Very nice looking birds!!!!!!!!!!

Thank You! I love them lol. I stare at them all the time because they are soooooo pretty.

Now if they will just start laying. I expect in the next 2-3 weeks I should start seeing eggs. Last year they started mid march. They have been displaying mating behavior for a few weeks now.

These were taken today
Here she laid down for me

Here I pet here and she spread her wings

Here she is "waiting" for me lol the hens love me

This is when I walked away and a Tom moved in

He looks at her and hes thinking hes got a chance

Here he tries... and then promptly fails lol. She got up and walked away.

Back
Top Bottom