This day is not starting out well.

LoneCowboy

Songster
12 Years
Aug 26, 2007
Longmont, CO
I was rudely awaken by my DH turning on the light at 6am :thun (I am not a morning person) He said it's snowing.
barnie.gif
We do snow removal so I jumped up and got dressed.

We went to the first place and DH goes one direction, and I'm headed in another. All of the sudden DH screams, and screams in pain, calling my name. Dang! There he is lying in the ice and snow.

He blew out his knee.
sad.png
I helped him get into the truck, and I get to shovel all of the places myself. Good thing it was just a trace of snow, but since we do commerical places we still have to clean those with any amount of snow.

He better heal really soon before the next snow or we are toast. Luckily, he usually just drives the plow, and we hire some shovelers when the snow it bad. I drive the small tractor to do the tight places in town.

Good news is I got 5 eggs this morning. First 5 egg day ever.

Last edited:
I've had many days like that, so here's a
hugs.gif

Thank goodness I don't live with a morning person; one of us would be gone and one would be sitting in jail on manslaughter charges!
Hope hubby heals quickly. I'll keep him in my thoughts.

I totally understand. We don't have the snow issue, but I don't get home until it's dark and cold, and my DH is home in bed sick, so I'll be feeding horses, donkeys, chickens in the dark by myself tonight. Hope he feels better..

Maybe I'm out of place, but it seems as if you are complaining about work/workload while your husband is injured. I think he'd much rather be out working than have an injured knee. These things happen, you just have to pick up the slack and plow forward (pun intended).

I hope your husband recovers well and doesn't try to get back into things too fast (bad for recovery).

I was wondering how your hubby is. I have bad knees that roll out of joint all the time....Let me tell you It Hurts......I am sure he would rather be working with you.....Hope you all feel better soon
Tink

Oh no, not complaining about the workload. Just upset with the day not going too well. And not being able to do more for him. I couldn't hardly help him up. I don't have the strength and he's a big guy. He was just laying there helpless in an ice covered parking lot. I nearly went down trying to help him. I worry too, because I have Fibromyalgia, and phase 3 degeneration in my back. I should not be doing any of this and If I go down now, we'll be in big trouble. We are just starting our business full-time, so we are both stretching beyond our limits until we can afford to hire more people. I'm sure you can all relate.

Lone, I can very much relate. Pace yourself with the fibro. Even an hour's rest/nap can mean the difference between being able to do and going down with a flare-up.

Ah, I see. It definitely sounds like some hired hands would be very beneficial for the both of you. Till then, best of luck and take it easy. Listen to your bodies!

LoneCowboy, I hope hubby's knee is healing. I hate when days start off bad, hope it improved. Pace yourself and don't over do it trying to do both work loads. You've got to take care of yourself so you can keep building those cute chicken products.
Take care,
Kim

Back
Top Bottom