This forum has been much different lately.

Pics
Here's a great example of what can go wrong when bad information is given. Probably idk 5 maybe 6 years ago maybe not that long ago anyway a younger fella was on here (he left for a good while but I see he's back and more versed in chickens) anyway he to my knowledge was pretty much just getting into chickens gamefowl to be exact. He had fowl pox run through his birds and not knowing any better and taking in information from this website unnecessarily culled his entire flock only to learn later by me that its a natural thing and I have it run through my 1st year birds usually every summer and I prefer to get it cause I never loose any and after they are immune for life. But the damage was done. I see he has been back so maybe he'll see this post and verify what I'm saying. Watch what you say it can have dire consequences just cause you want to be the first poster to a question
Even something such as identifying the breed of a chicken wrong can have negative consequences. For example, wrongly IDing a white rock as a cornish x can result in the slaughter of an otherwise desirable pullet.
Think before you post.

What should be banned are all threads that start with: I just got this dayold chick and was wondering what breeBAN! Or what gendBAN!
Well, sexlinks are usually okay to sex at a day old.

And usually you can get at least the ball park on day old breed if you know what hatchery they're from and basic physical traits it has

I feel as though it’s just kids on here. There’s all these people making trouble, clogging up informational threads, or trying to answer things they don’t understand. I realize that it’s not fair to say it’s all kids that are doing this, but it really doesn’t feel like the same BYC. I barely post in public anymore because it’s not the same smart forum filled with knowledgeable members anymore- it’s like a birthday party.
I understand that it’s fun to talk, but keep the chat in the chat threads or PMs - and keep it appropriate.
I’m just tired of it.

Take this with a grain of salt, please.
I totally agree. I haven't been on BYC for a while and just came back, and I barely recognized it. I am seeing all these urgent threads a sick chicken who have like, one comment, and then I see a chat thread that has thousands of comments. It doesn't seem fair to the new chicken owners who desperately need help.

I totally agree. I haven't been on BYC for a while and just came back, and I barely recognized it. I am seeing all these urgent threads a sick chicken who have like, one comment, and then I see a chat thread that has thousands of comments. It doesn't seem fair to the new chicken owners who desperately need help.
Exactly!!!!!! What the heck is up with that??? Someone has a dying bird, in urgent need of help, and the people who are supposed to help save it don’t notice because they’re too busy screwing around with their friends.

It is a problem! The endless tide of meaningless messages has to stop!

Exactly. And I think people should stop making these weird cliques and having crazy chat threads around the forum. I won't mention any names, but I know of at least two cliques that I kinda....😳

A clique is:

a small group of people, with shared interests or other features in common, who spend time together and do not readily allow others to join them.

Exactly. And I think people should stop making these weird cliques and having crazy chat threads around the forum. I won't mention any names, but I know of at least two cliques that I kinda....😳

A clique is:

a small group of people, with shared interests or other features in common, who spend time together and do not readily allow others to join them.
Exactly

Back
Top Bottom