This forum has been much different lately.

Pics
I’ve not been a member for long and this is a very busy time of year so I’m sneaking time in. Mainly use this site as reference and am very grateful for the knowledge people share freely. Thank you. I’ve learned a lot in my first year as a “breeder” thanks to the excellent information. It was a much bigger step than I had considered.

I also voice agreement with scrolling past what you find offensive. We can agree to disagree. The name calling and the dog whistles reflect badly on the ones doing it, not on BYC.
🌈❤️
“I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.” (Dr. MLK, Jr.)
“Love one another”.

I've read about 1/2way through this thread & here are some points I think need to be considered. I participate on one of the threads mentioned. It is very active & moves fast. If I have a problem I post there & on my own thread 1st. Why?
  • Because these people know my birds & care about them
  • I will get a fast answer
  • I won't get misinformation
  • If people don't know they are honest & say so
  • If the response is anecdotal they will say so.
  • If it is science I don't understand someone will take the trouble to explain until I do
  • These smaller groups are hugely supportive of each other & generally will follow up problems
  • Because the group of participants is generally small & have got to know each other they are respectful & kind. Anonymity seems to breed disrespect for some reason.
Yes, there is a lot of chat but there is also a lot of chicken information being passed along & people are pooling their knowledge. Being on the other side of the world any question I might ask in the main forums is likely to drop off the bottom of the page before being answered once the Americans all come on~line. That's just the way it is.

Some of us have found a way to circumvent the problems in the main forums. Until I saw this thread I didn't even know there was a problem.

Back
Top Bottom