Thoughts on my 8 week old Japanese Bantam?

Jubbilee555

In the Brooder
Aug 18, 2020
My little jap bantams are 8 weeks old. The black one has a slightly larger comb than the other two I have (not pictured) but it's not bright red and no waddle development. Is this a female or a late developing male?

Photo of its "brother" hatched hours apart, same breed and quite obviously a cockerel😉... for comparison.

Thoughts?

IMG_20201122_164919.jpg
MVIMG_20201122_164958.jpg
IMG_20201122_165013.jpg
IMG_20201122_162545.jpg

I'm no help here but I wanted to comment on your mottled Japanese Bantam. I have a mottled Japanese Bantam Cockerel that's 8 months old now. Seeing your chick made me remember how my RoX was so white as a chick. I LOVE Japanese Bantams so much! You've got some gorgeous birds!

I'm no help here but I wanted to comment on your mottled Japanese Bantam. I have a mottled Japanese Bantam Cockerel that's 8 months old now. Seeing your chick made me remember how my RoX was so white as a chick. I LOVE Japanese Bantams so much! You've got some gorgeous birds!

Thank you!😊 The mottled one is the sweetest of my bunch🥰 I have two other mottled pullets that are 3 months old. I absolutely love them!

PS please ignore the oat bits everywhere on the floor😂 they had a treat and an outting

IMG_20201122_162855.jpg
IMG_20201122_172113.jpg

Thank you!😊 The mottled one is the sweetest of my bunch🥰 I have two other mottled pullets that are 3 months old. I absolutely love them!

PS please ignore the oat bits everywhere on the floor😂 they had a treat and an outting

View attachment 2421697View attachment 2421711
Oh my goodness! I'm so jealous! Gah, they're gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing these pictures. My Japanese Bantam Cockerel is the sweetest cockerel ever. I keep worrying that he's too sweet to be true. You're pictures have me thinking that my RoX needs some Japanese Bantam pullets :love

Back
Top Bottom