Thread for Christian chicken lovers

Pics
Hey, @tripletfeb, how's your aunt doing? Can we get an update on her condition?
She's doing much better! She is still in a back brace, and will be for awhile but she is able to move and do stairs now. Her physical therapy is going good as well. Thanks for asking!

She's doing much better! She is still in a back brace, and will be for awhile but she is able to move and do stairs now. Her physical therapy is going good as well. Thanks for asking!
Praise God for this wonderful news! So glad to hear! You called her Sister, is she a Catholic nun?

:frow. Twelve years Catholic school here. Still have a soft spot in my heart for those dedicated ladies! ❤️
She never did teach. For years she ran a center for homeless and very low income people, kind of like a Salvation Army. I visited her one week in the summer, when I was younger. Helped her run the center. I'll never forget, when we were handing out food to people, the look of shame on their faces. They didn't want to need help but they were starving. Made me very happy for the blessings I had. Very good lesson for a teenager to learn

She never did teach. For years she ran a center for homeless and very low income people, kind of like a Salvation Army. I visited her one week in the summer, when I was younger. Helped her run the center. I'll never forget, when we were handing out food to people, the look of shame on their faces. They didn't want to need help but they were starving. Made me very happy for the blessings I had. Very good lesson for a teenager to learn
It's hard, being in that position. I know, I've been there myself. Some people who help have the attitude you learned: "there, but for the grace of God, go I," and serve with humility and compassion. Others think that homeless people choose to be homeless. I've actually heard people say that, on more than one occasion. Believe me when I say nobody wakes up one morning and decides to walk away from a 3BR, 2 BA home for no good reason but to live out on the street in a cardboard box! Your aunt is a dear woman for teaching you some of life's most important lessons, and for giving of herself to those in need. I hope she is back on her feet soon. ❤️

It's hard, being in that position. I know, I've been there myself. Some people who help have the attitude you learned: "there, but for the grace of God, go I," and serve with humility and compassion. Others think that homeless people choose to be homeless. I've actually heard people say that, on more than one occasion. Believe me when I say nobody wakes up one morning and decides to walk away from a 3BR, 2 BA home for no good reason but to live out on the street in a cardboard box! Your aunt is a dear woman for teaching you some of life's most important lessons, and for giving of herself to those in need. I hope she is back on her feet soon. ❤️
Nobody chooses to be homeless, but there are people who choose to act like it on the side of the road for some easy money. Awful, but true.

Back
Top Bottom