Thread for Christian chicken lovers

Pics
I just tilled our 1500sqft garden area yesterday. We planted some seeds indoors a few weeks ago, BUT I think we need to start over because we had them by the window/freeze and we didn’t do a good job at keeping them watered 🙈

This is our first year in this house/land so it’ll be interesting to see what our garden ends up like. A few years back my son (he’s 7 now so he was 3 or 4 at the time) managed to grow pumpkin, cucumbers, tomatoes, and zinnias in our (cement) backyard with raised boxes my husband had made. My son picked out like 49 different seed packets and wants to get some trees too. I think he’s a bit overzealous but I love it!
I did the same thing with the seeds I started. I watered them yesterday and said a prayer lol

I just tilled our 1500sqft garden area yesterday. We planted some seeds indoors a few weeks ago, BUT I think we need to start over because we had them by the window/freeze and we didn’t do a good job at keeping them watered 🙈

This is our first year in this house/land so it’ll be interesting to see what our garden ends up like. A few years back my son (he’s 7 now so he was 3 or 4 at the time) managed to grow pumpkin, cucumbers, tomatoes, and zinnias in our (cement) backyard with raised boxes my husband had made. My son picked out like 49 different seed packets and wants to get some trees too. I think he’s a bit overzealous but I love it!
Wish my garden was that big. I have 3 4x8ft above ground beds. Maybe talk my son into making me 2 more this year. I'm gonna try growing some stuff in 5gal buckets this year also. If they do well that may be all I need. We shall see I guess. I'm a homesteader wanna be 🤣

Hello - It’s nice to meet you all. I’m a believer, and I’m happy to see others here. My DH and I farm in western MN. We have 3 grown sons, all married, and 5 grandchildren. Youngest son and family live about 20 miles from here, so we get to see his kids (4 y.o. Grandson, 18 month old Granddaughter) quite often. The others are 3 1/2 to 4 hours away.

I have 11 hens and a rooster, more coming in the spring. I don’t remember all the breeds I ordered. I ordered them in December right after a mink wiped out half my flock.

We had a big garden last summer. It won’t be quite as large this summer as we plan to travel for a few weeks.

Does anyone listen to The Message on Sirius xm radio? I love that station. The music keeps me encouraged throughout the day
Yes, that is one of the only stations my husband listens to anymore in the car. That and Joel :) It's good to stay encouraged these days!

Hello - It’s nice to meet you all. I’m a believer, and I’m happy to see others here. My DH and I farm in western MN. We have 3 grown sons, all married, and 5 grandchildren. Youngest son and family live about 20 miles from here, so we get to see his kids (4 y.o. Grandson, 18 month old Granddaughter) quite often. The others are 3 1/2 to 4 hours away.

I have 11 hens and a rooster, more coming in the spring. I don’t remember all the breeds I ordered. I ordered them in December right after a mink wiped out half my flock.

We had a big garden last summer. It won’t be quite as large this summer as we plan to travel for a few weeks.
Hello bobbi-j, so great to meet you. So happy to have so many gardening chicken keepers who also love Jesus to talk to. So thankful you joined us

Back
Top Bottom