Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

Well I think I am signing off for the night. We had to get up early today to take care of some business so I am tired. Yesterday was a BAD BAD day for me. I called the cops on my son because of something my niece said.

Good night SM!
Sorry, my computer's been slow, my byc's been slow, and I've been busy with birthdays and sick kids all week. I'll be on more in a few days once I've caught everything back up, lol.

Reading it now. Evelle are you here?

got here how did you know!!
CREEPER lol
i just went to the coop im such a nervace reak for my little duckies and my last of my orphintons i stayed out there for an hour or two i dont know lost track i was out there until my oldest came out side and told me she was hungry... who needs food!!!!

HA! So mom? Are you going to feed me?
got here how did you know!!
CREEPER lol
i just went to the coop im such a nervace reak for my little duckies and my last of my orphintons i stayed out there for an hour or two i dont know lost track i was out there until my oldest came out side and told me she was hungry... who needs food!!!!

Good morning everyone. I just wanted to stop by and introduce myself. I have been lurking and reading posts for the past few days and thought I would hop on and say hi! I live in NC and I have a pair of sweet muscovy ducks and I am hoping to hatch some more this spring. My hen hasn't started laying yet so I just have to read about yall hatching because it isn't my turn just yet lol. I am really hoping she starts laying soon because it has been pretty warm but I am sure she will start when she is ready. I had to get them a bigger tub to swim in because my temp one was a wee small and I hadn't seen them mate since I took the pool away. So hopefully with the bigger tub of water and warm weather I will have fertile eggs soon!

Also, I am ordering the new hovabator next week so I will be ready! I love this breed, they are just awesome birds and probably my favorite in my whole flock.

Nice to meet all of you guys! You can check my blog for pics of them if you want. Link is in my signature.

Last edited:
Evelle: hope your babies did okay last night. I put my 3 little ones out a few nights ago, but they just went to the outside brooder so it will be several weeks before they will be introduced to the big girls and then I know I'll have to take Draco out because he is such a jerk with youngsters.

The eggs are quiet this morning, no pips yet but they are probably resting up. I'm just patiently waiting.
pop.gif

Morning all, got home around 1 am and so soooo tired. Ok just some things from reading and catching up.

Call ducklings are TINY, lol heads the size of a thumb nail many times.

Sebastopols will breed in pairs and trios very easily. They actually bond very well and sometimes you can't break those bonds.

Sebastopol eggs should be set on their side for incubation, start turning 24 hours after setting if the air cells look good on shipped eggs. Up to 72 hours later if shipping was a little rough.

Uumm, oh yeah our new Sebastopol pair arrives this week!

Today is farm day so customers will start arriving around 9 and I am on my first cup of coffee.

Think I might list 6 call duck eggs, I have blue fawn and pied blue fawn collected from while I was gone.

Back
Top Bottom