Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

So... I moved the new ancona eggs over from goose to duck bator and set my toulouse eggs. My duck bator is now FULL with 37 eggs until I do my day 7 (Saturday) tossing of non-developing eggs.

I will purchase wax at some point this morning and do what I can for this egg, as it is growing very nicely.

13 pages? Wow, think I'm all caught up.
CG- My goosies and all packing peanuts came safe and sound. It was closer, but colder, so I'm sure yours are sleeping waiting for their new momma to come get them.
QJ- Can't wait to see little sfh chicks. How are the goosies this morning?
Chicks- Yay for the bei pipping. Since they are itty bitty do they have problems hatching like calls?
That's about all I can remember reading, lol. It's supposed to be 70 today, so happy! I got another roll of welded wire to redo the night time pen/coop. I need to go pick up a few bales of straw and get my spring cleaning done out there. Then get hubby to clear a few more trees to give a little bit more sun and I'm tilling their yard and sowing wild flowers and clover, hopefully some will grow for the geese to eat. Picking up my silkie tomorrow too, I'm going to be busy the next few days. Oh, and I woke up this morning and everyone in the brooder is all icky and messy. Goosies (who I have decided to name Elvis and Priscilla, it fits them better lol) are getting their own brooder today.

Golly! 100 posts? Seriously? :lau

Woke up this morning, put the chicken eggs in lockdown, and candled my little bobby :love cant wait till he hatches!

Then, I went over to buffy and wingmans brooder, to find the cat staring at them like he wanted to eat them! :eek: bad kitty :rant

So how is everyone? Any updates?

13 pages? Wow, think I'm all caught up.
CG- My goosies and all packing peanuts came safe and sound. It was closer, but colder, so I'm sure yours are sleeping waiting for their new momma to come get them.
QJ- Can't wait to see little sfh chicks. How are the goosies this morning?
Chicks- Yay for the bei pipping. Since they are itty bitty do they have problems hatching like calls?
That's about all I can remember reading, lol. It's supposed to be 70 today, so happy! I got another roll of welded wire to redo the night time pen/coop. I need to go pick up a few bales of straw and get my spring cleaning done out there. Then get hubby to clear a few more trees to give a little bit more sun and I'm tilling their yard and sowing wild flowers and clover, hopefully some will grow for the geese to eat. Picking up my silkie tomorrow too, I'm going to be busy the next few days. Oh, and I woke up this morning and everyone in the brooder is all icky and messy. Goosies (who I have decided to name Elvis and Priscilla, it fits them better lol) are getting their own brooder today.

What kinda packing peanuts came? Chickens? Ducks? More geese? Where did you order?

Well I woke up to ...

1 Midget White Turkey
&
MY 1st ANCONA baby!!!
love.gif
It came out of a white egg & is completely Yellow.

I have 5 more pipped White Ancona Eggs
&
3 Blue Pipped Ones !

7 more pipped Turka Turka's
yesss.gif

Hatch is not til Tomorrow so it seems everyone is on schedule or a little early!
woot.gif

& I have an Ancona to oogle while I wait
love.gif

I'm thinking about bidding on some way cute magpie call duck bantem eggs on e-bay.

Is there anyone bidding on them? I know you all love callducks.....

Hehehe I've got ebay minimized so I can just keep flipping back and forth. Bidding on quail (little DD wants button quail-so bidding on euro tuxedos) Geese (for my mom) magpie ducks for me, more corturnix, and in about 60 seconds, magpie calls.....

I was bidding on them
hide.gif
But you can have them. I have calls coming, and I think my magpies are a pair.
smile.png

Well I woke up to ...

1 Midget White Turkey
&
MY 1st ANCONA baby!!!
love.gif
It came out of a white egg & is completely Yellow.

I have 5 more pipped White Ancona Eggs
&
3 Blue Pipped Ones !

7 more pipped Turka Turka's
yesss.gif

Hatch is not til Tomorrow so it seems everyone is on schedule or a little early!
woot.gif

& I have an Ancona to oogle while I wait
love.gif

Yay for the babies!

DG- I got production red rooster chicks as my peanuts, they are usually whatever breed they have extra roos of. Oh, I ordered from Ideal.

Last edited:
Congrats, Jaz!! Your first baby is colored!! By the way, my first ancona came from a white egg (not worth it farms).... and he hatched solid yellow. He is now one month old and a well marked chocolate. I got 3 yellows from worth it's eggs...and they will most likely become a choc, a lavender and a silver.

Jaz, great idea!
I am a cheapo person ~ I try to think outside the brooder ~ lets me spend more on myself ! 2 hour late start due to ice & a little snow here ..... REALLY ready for spring, I guess when it comes, after Mother Nature has givin us a spankin, we appreciate even more

Back
Top Bottom