Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

update of whats going on with us.... got the stuff to build the coop for the seabrights and new rabbit pens for the breeders. along with roof and legs for the grow out rabbit cages.

Steep loss of quail... we're down to 20-30 from over 50 hatching. Didn't realize they needed so much room and are really brutal little things. On the other hand "Survival of the fittest" so we will design and build new brooders before we hatch any more of the little buggers,lol

9 days till Fred hatches what she's sitting on. we've only seen her off the nest twice but she looks good so she's eatting and drinking. Will it disturb her if I gt her off the nest to candle the eggs or should I just watch and see what happens? I'm more interested in what kind of mom she's gong to be then getting a good hatch.

Sue offer her food to get her up so you can candle. Or wait till she stretches and gets up on her own. We have a girl I can pull eggs from under and return. I give her a bowl of treats when I check eggs.

Well I gotta take off .... Gunna buy some feed from this mill I have been too, around 19% all purpose feed @ 17 cents a pound !
So like 1,000 pounds for 170 dollars
You find all the good deals!
I couldn't see it. Removed. What was it?
HELLO???!!!!!!! I made it here and nobody is here...
hit.gif
I always miss you.
I'm gonna start using this one on random threads:

smiley-signs138.gif

LMAO.

Sue offer her food to get her up so you can candle. Or wait till she stretches and gets up on her own. We have a girl I can pull eggs from under and return. I give her a bowl of treats when I check eggs.
if I walk in she heads right back for the nest. I can put food,water, treats right up to the edge of the nest but she dosen't want my fingers anywhere close to the inside edge,lol

Back
Top Bottom