Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

seen it heading down 35 towards Kevins
lau.gif

seen that one on a cartoon
hugs.gif

PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS
we have little quail running around with guns a knives on killin spree
I don't understand this....I guess if they were completely overcrowded this could happen but I have never had aggressive quail babies. Only when they hit maturity do they turn into bastards...Sorry about your luck.
Here is a pic of my new trio of buffs. Wish they were already on their way... but with memorial day holiday, Carole felt it best to wait until Tuesday to ship.

So cute. How exciting!

I just sold 6 more ancona ducklings for 80 bucks today!
woot.gif

I don't understand this....I guess if they were completely overcrowded this could happen but I have never had aggressive quail babies. Only when they hit maturity do they turn into bastards...Sorry about your luck.
I think we really underestimated the space they need and they kept piling up. down to 20-30 and haven't lost one in over 24 hours so I think they'er ok now. Gonna redo brooder system before hatching anymore though

Wow, thats kinda sad it ended up being a chicken egg......... Sorry
hugs.gif
It was probably my fault, I was grabbing the silkie eggs out of their nesting spot daily. Had my day off and thought I had hit the jackpot when there were TWO! I've still got silkie eggs to go, but I'm 1 for 10 at this point, if you count the accidental chicken as a no-hatch.
Hey look! They didn't edit out BASTARDS! Neat!
lau.gif

heres the pics i promised dutch.
my juvies
3 mystery babies
1 white hen
2 blue bibbed hens
1 choch bibbed hen
2 black magpie drakes (iffy on 1)
1 blue fawn hen
1 snowy drake

im really starting to agree with julie on the mystery baby in the front on the right.
hes looking more and more lilac.

They are all pretty birds....but you can ship me the blue and chocolate bibbed ones
big_smile.png
The white on the blues is striking!

Hey look! They didn't edit out BASTARDS! Neat!
I saw that! I was like, wow, you didn't get beeped!
lau.gif

DG, it doesn't really matter to me. Barley is my pride and joy whether boy or girl. :D

Thanks, eyeheart. I am excited!

I took some goose pics....I'll see about getting them posted in a bit. I need to snap Calls and silkies, if the little buggers will hold still, lol. The 3 newest ones are doing fabulous!

Utah...how is Spirit doing? Is she improving?

Spirit is great, thanks! Her one foot is almost completely corrected. Her other foot's still clubbed, but I can feel her toes unstiffening and it appears that she is getting more surface area. She gets around really well with the others and I still see slow improvement every day, so I have not felt the need to take her back to the vet yet. :D

Back
Top Bottom