1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by stillmecle, Nov 5, 2011.

1. craz e laid e

craz e laid e Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2011
    Quote:Wait until she's about 15. You'll be wishing for these "minor" problems again. LOL

2. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    Quote:Wait until she's about 15. You'll be wishing for these "minor" problems again. LOL

Probably. Although since she is going through a stage where she likes to hide and poop in her diaper and play in it or share it with her little sister 15 sounds almost welcoming, lol. I so plan on embarrassing her with stories of what she's when she's older. [​IMG]

3. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN

Probably. Although since she is going through a stage where she likes to hide and poop in her diaper and play in it or share it with her little sister 15 sounds almost welcoming, lol. I so plan on embarrassing her with stories of what she's when she's older. [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

4. QuackerJackFarms

QuackerJackFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2011
    Missouri
    Ok, I have accomplished the coop removal. Good Lordy that was 2 hours of taking it apart. Pics are uploading.

5. Evelle

Evelle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    North Idaho
    [​IMG] wow that must be on hefty coop!!! [​IMG]

6. QuackerJackFarms

Jun 26, 2011
    Missouri
    Quote:[​IMG] There are other lavender orp eggs on there...but you're right, those are the best looking one's I've seen on there.

Just too funny ~ I have them on my watch list too along with a few others I will bid on & see if I don't get outbid [​IMG] I just hatched 2 Lavender orps & 3 White orps. I am doing a photo shoot this morning of all my new babies & my older ones progress! Prepare yourself for cuteness [​IMG]

They're up to 51 bucks!! Holy Crap!

7. craz e laid e

Oct 5, 2011

Pictures, need lots of pictures for blackmail. [​IMG]

8. QuackerJackFarms

Jun 26, 2011
    Missouri
    Ok, you have to use your imagination... The part on the right is the house portion. It's laying on the roof right now. It sits on the part on the left which is basically just a box frame. But he used 1/2 inch hardwire around the whole thing. It's very secure. But I didn't have time to work on it so my dad left it on the trailer.

[​IMG]

And then this is the corner that I'm going to put it in. I have to move all my dad's fence posts and a few barrels that he was taking to scrap. But that tree right there is a wild cherry tree. Perfect!! I'm so excited that my dad is letting me do this. (Without me just doing it and asking later.) [​IMG]

Anyway, this is the corner of 2 buildings, so that's all sheet metal on 2 sides for added security. And there's no way to dig under because the garages are on concrete slabs. Super safe.

[​IMG]

this is the view behind the chicken coop... Wow. Just look at that pond there... Do you see any ducks? Why no... no you don't.. Not yet. Bwah ha ha ha ha ha ha!

[​IMG]

Ok that's all. I should have taken a pic of it all set up before we detached it. My dad was really getting into it though, giving me newer ideas to make it bigger to house more chickens. [​IMG] Daddy's girl, what can I say.

I've got a lot of work to do on Sunday. I can't wait!!

Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  9. craz e laid e

Oct 5, 2011
    I have my first PIP for the New Year's Day Hatch (chicks, no duckies [​IMG] ). [​IMG] But it's one of my own banty eggs. The eggs I bought don't look too good, so I'll have to wait and see. Glad I put some of my own in . . . at least the whole hatch shouldn't be a bust.

10. QuackerJackFarms

Jun 26, 2011
    Missouri
    Quote:[​IMG] Yay!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by