Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by stillmecle, Nov 5, 2011.

1. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    Quote:I'll be putting my quail in the second or third, and some goose eggs in probably a few days later. [​IMG]
    QJ- Have fun, pics when you get a chance. [​IMG]

2. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Quote:I'll be putting my quail in the second or third, and some goose eggs in probably a few days later. [​IMG]

What kind of geese?!

3. 70%cocoa

70%cocoa Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2011
    Canberra, Australia
    Quote:Yum. We just ate the salmon for lunch though. We had it with an avocado, parsley, red onion, caper and lemon salad type thing. We get salmon every week though so with our next lot I'll use your delicious menu suggestion [​IMG] Thankyou!

4. 70%cocoa

Feb 24, 2011
    Canberra, Australia
    Quote:Ok, waiting!!!!!! [​IMG]

Little Edward has his first audience.

5. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City

What kind of geese?!

African. I kind of "accidently" bid on them on ebay. It was a really low bid, i decided to wait for my roman tufteds, so I figured I'd get outbid. I didn't, so I'll have some goose eggs to try incubating here soon. [​IMG] I'm still getting my pair of roman tufteds, if I manage to hatch any of these I'll probably sell them.

6. 70%cocoa

Feb 24, 2011
    Canberra, Australia
    LOL, "probably"

I like the accidental bidding too. [​IMG]

7. stargazingmommy

stargazingmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2011
    Spokane
    its cracked and it looks like water bubbling up.
    probably the wrong thing, but i brought inside, 2nd pic is what i found. theres occasionaly a little twitch, but barely any movement. the membrane is seperated from the shell all the way around, and the blob inside only fills about half the egg

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. 70%cocoa

Feb 24, 2011
    Canberra, Australia
    Can you see blood or yolk? If not, chip away a bit more shell. See if you can get far enough to gently pull its head out by the bill. At least it will be able to breathe properly then. It may be shrink wrapped, though the moisture that you say you can see is a bit of a mystery.

9. stargazingmommy

stargazingmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2011
    Spokane
    70%cocoa :

Can you see blood or yolk? If not, chip away a bit more shell. See if you can get far enough to gently pull its head out by the bill. At least it will be able to breathe properly then. It may be shrink wrapped, though the moisture that you say you can see is a bit of a mystery.

i dont know what i see....I upped the humidity in the incubator and put it there. I'll try to chip a bit more away. if the membrane is still intact should i break it open?​

10. 70%cocoa

Feb 24, 2011
    Canberra, Australia
    You are pretty sure that this egg has been incubated for over 28 days? If so, then keep going with chipping the shell and remove any membrane stuck to the duckling. You have already broken into the inner membrane that surrounds the duckling.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by