Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

Quote:
it never gets less exciting!!
clap.gif

Hows the duckling doing that has the small hole in it's shell?

It is doing great. It is still moving around and the membrane is still good. But I think it has about 5 more days until it's ready to start hatching. At least that's where I estimate it, that is if it started to be incubated at the same time as the other eggs from under Cheese.

we use to have a couple of khaki Campbell ducks named "cheese and quackers" my granddaughter named them...

That's so funny. The reason her name is Cheese is because when I got my original 6 ducks I named one Mr. Quackers because I always wanted a duck name Mr. Quackers. She just so happened to be a girl and her name was changed to Mrs. but Cheese was the last one I named I had no clue what to name her and my bf's dad told me to name her Cheese that way I had Cheese and Quackers lol I'm happy to see I'm not the only one out there with a duck named Cheese lol

Thanks! I have about 4 or 5 more that are on their way because of this one's activity. I feel bad for the little guy because he's all alone. but he's doing good
I am in love with his color. It will be interesting to try to figure out who his parents are since they are all mixes. My question is, is should I just keep him where he can see me or should I hold him? He cries because he can't get to me but with other ducklings on the way I'd hate for him to bond to me and then not bond with his duckling siblings.

Thanks! I have about 4 or 5 more that are on their way because of this one's activity. I feel bad for the little guy because he's all alone. but he's doing good
I am in love with his color. It will be interesting to try to figure out who his parents are since they are all mixes. My question is, is should I just keep him where he can see me or should I hold him? He cries because he can't get to me but with other ducklings on the way I'd hate for him to bond to me and then not bond with his duckling siblings.

Congrats! What a beautiful ducky!

Back
Top Bottom