Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

so the sanctuary wasnt all that great today .
i love what they are trying to do .
they rescue exotics from people who cant keep them anymore.
the have tigers, bears, crocs, snakes, monkeys, birds.
but the cages are wayyy too small.
and the animals are bored and pace.
i get that it costs alot to run the place annd keep their heads above water.
but its still sorta sad.
altho if they didnt go there the animals would have been killed.

Bakin...it doesn't sound like you were too harsh, at all. You taught him a lesson in consequences, and that's a good thing....never too early to teach that.
hugs.gif

Thank-you!
hugs.gif

HI! Updates? All I have to say is........ Eyeheart: I'm a HUGE sissy
lau.gif
I

yuckyuck.gif
17 quail so far
celebrate.gif
only 62 more to go
wee.gif
Need pic updates soon!
SORRY INCOMING RANT OF THE DAY!!!!!!
ok so today was a crap day all around!!!!!!!!!!! the only redeeming factor was i got to see my bestie for a couple hours and didn't have to cook dinner!

and to top off this horrible day i went to put away the chicks and my son (5) had found a steak knife and cut the plastic in a few places on my green house!
somad.gif
you know my brand new one we spent hours on and just finished like 2 weeks ago, yea that one
rant.gif
and he popped his sisters ball she got for her birthday! and this was after we had just gotten back from playing, and i bought him a ice cream cone and rented him a movie! WTH
he.gif

so i sent him to bed early without his movie, took away his favorite tent, and told him i was taking money from his account to buy his sister a new ball and new plastic for my green house!

do you think i was to harsh? i am just so confused by his behavior lately
hit.gif

Not at all. 5 years old is the perfect age to learn that poor decisions have consequences. Great job!

Bakin...it doesn't sound like you were too harsh, at all. You taught him a lesson in consequences, and that's a good thing....never too early to teach that.
hugs.gif
thumbsup.gif

Bakin your such a good momma!

& I LUV LUV yer Updates !

Well put from one good mama to another!

Hi everyone! Just dropped in to say hello and I haven forgotten about any of you.. Hope to have my Internet up and running soon but might not be happening anytime soon :( I hope everyone's doing good and having good luck with their birds..

I so far have hatched two ducks from my own one blue with Beautiful markings sold her for 10$ and hatched out a splash he is gourgous i might keep him
I lost two really good hens this month (I'm thinking raccoon)
Now I'm down to apache and sioux.. And my little chyenne is sitting on 12 eggs shout hatch in a week and a half.. Two drakes Dakota and lakota brothers.
I have Vader my hen I got from an egg of duck girl and cadet a beautiful Rouen drake also from duck girls eggs..
Mojo went to go live with my friend because I had to many drakes.
I'm so sad... I can't believe I lost my ducks :( I still hope that they are sitting on a nest somewhere I can't see :( but deep down I know they are gone. Something took my Silkie baby and ate her found her feathers a few feet from the coop. :(

But on that note I have 12 Swedish eggs in the bator and chyennes 12 she's hatching so I am sure I'll get good stock from them :)

so the sanctuary wasnt all that great today .
i love what they are trying to do .
they rescue exotics from people who cant keep them anymore.
the have tigers, bears, crocs, snakes, monkeys, birds.
but the cages are wayyy too small.
and the animals are bored and pace.
i get that it costs alot to run the place annd keep their heads above water.
but its still sorta sad.
altho if they didnt go there the animals would have been killed.
Places like that are depressing to me. But, if they are there, you have to wonder about how much worse off they probably were before they got rescued. I love zoos, and OMG Sea World freakin rocked.....but on the other hand, I feel bad for the animals being there.
idunno.gif

Wow, thanks for the update from everyone baking, if only I could always time my visits to coincide with a recent 3 hour reader/poster, I'd never have to go read to catch up!!!
lol.png

Wow we talk a lot
gig.gif
I guess we do, lol.
SORRY INCOMING RANT OF THE DAY!!!!!!
ok so today was a crap day all around!!!!!!!!!!! the only redeeming factor was i got to see my bestie for a couple hours and didn't have to cook dinner!

and to top off this horrible day i went to put away the chicks and my son (5) had found a steak knife and cut the plastic in a few places on my green house!
somad.gif
you know my brand new one we spent hours on and just finished like 2 weeks ago, yea that one
rant.gif
and he popped his sisters ball she got for her birthday! and this was after we had just gotten back from playing, and i bought him a ice cream cone and rented him a movie! WTH
he.gif

so i sent him to bed early without his movie, took away his favorite tent, and told him i was taking money from his account to buy his sister a new ball and new plastic for my green house!

do you think i was to harsh? i am just so confused by his behavior lately
hit.gif
Ugh, sounds like you are doing the right thing. My 7 year old's been a brat lately too.
hugs.gif

hugs.gif
. You are FAR from harsh. You did the right thing! This world needs more mothers like you who actually care enough about their kids to discpline them!
x2
icant believe they are fertile tho.
grandma gave me a lecture tonight when i told her.
yet shes the one who said go ahead and put them in your wasting your time.
now who looks dumb? sure isnt me lol
lau.gif

Hi everyone! Just dropped in to say hello and I haven forgotten about any of you.. Hope to have my Internet up and running soon but might not be happening anytime soon
sad.png
I hope everyone's doing good and having good luck with their birds..
I so far have hatched two ducks from my own one blue with Beautiful markings sold her for 10$ and hatched out a splash he is gourgous i might keep him
I lost two really good hens this month (I'm thinking raccoon)
Now I'm down to apache and sioux.. And my little chyenne is sitting on 12 eggs shout hatch in a week and a half.. Two drakes Dakota and lakota brothers.
I have Vader my hen I got from an egg of duck girl and cadet a beautiful Rouen drake also from duck girls eggs..
Mojo went to go live with my friend because I had to many drakes.
I'm so sad... I can't believe I lost my ducks
sad.png
I still hope that they are sitting on a nest somewhere I can't see
sad.png
but deep down I know they are gone. Something took my Silkie baby and ate her found her feathers a few feet from the coop.
sad.png

But on that note I have 12 Swedish eggs in the bator and chyennes 12 she's hatching so I am sure I'll get good stock from them
smile.png
frow.gif
Sorry about your losses, good luck with the hatches coming up. Miss you and hope your internet gets back up soon so we can have you back.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom