Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

My three remaining giant peking eggs from this batch are alive, and 2 are internally pipped!
wee.gif
We got us a HATCH DAY getting started here!
celebrate.gif

Congrats Kevin on your new birds!

Sue, it is a neat looking gander. Interesting cross.

Marty, woo hoo! Can't wait for more happy reports!

Dutch Chic! How nice to see you, hope your well? Hows the birds?
I'm doing alright...trying not to melt. Trying to keep the birds from melting. How's the heat up your way?

Hey Marty & Dutch.
frow.gif

Hope you are doing ok in the heat. I am sounding like a broken record... but would you both puh-leaze post new pics of your birds??

Marty, how's your giant pekin hatch going?
Ummmm....We could say the same thing! Where's a pic of Barley???

Remember this?

Just thought I'd show a pic from today.
smile.png

She has certainly come a long way!

Baby update.... I took the camera outside yesterday
big_smile.png

3 black sumatra chicks and 1 cochin hatched 6-24

Barney - Buff Hatched 3-5 isn't his drake curl cute
wink.png

one of Barney's Buff girls same age

the current goose flock... we'll decide about Sept who stays, who gets sold and who goes to freezer land.. Squishy Stays
wink.png

Gem and Pearl... Gem's colors aren't what they should be,
fl.gif
QJ has an extra drake

about 1/2 of they ducks including the pair of Blues from Julie
big_smile.png

Turkeys #3 and 4 in pic came from Julie... looks like all 5 are boys.. making plans to order from Porters next year
Looking good! Are those buff ducks Saxonys? And I see you still have the blue ducks I want so bad ...I'll stop by and pick them up on my way back from CG's house with her blue-bibbed Call ducks.
lau.gif

I discovered (or confirmed) last night that:
1) I can't find a peepee to save my life when vent sexing
2) That my two drakes and one female pekin are actually three drakes
3) That I really need to get rid of a couple pekin drakes

barnie.gif
I can't find a peepee either. I'm just haven't gotten the hang of molesting yet
hu.gif

Miss me? Thursday I ended up with food poising so had to go to the doctors. Friday I was out watering the plants and ended up having a heat stroke. However, I do have a surprise. Guess what I got? Peafowl
wee.gif
. I purchased 6 green javas chicks
celebrate.gif
. They'll look like this full grown:

images
Dang Kevin....are you falling apart???
gig.gif
Love the new birds! Where's a pic of the babies??

Oh, and I somehow ended up with a ton of eggs to go in the bator. 4 runner eggs, 16 pekin eggs and 44 from my flock (if I mentally counted this right). I was out of room in the fridge, so going out for the season with a huge hatch.

Having to hand turn two dozen. Oops!
Wow...lots of eggs! My bator is sitting in the corner...hungry, lol.

My three remaining giant peking eggs from this batch are alive, and 2 are internally pipped!
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
Come on babies!

wee.gif

I have an extra girl turkey. :) I am only wanting to keep a pair, and have a boy and 2 girls I'm pretty sure. Neither of the "girls" has strutted or gobbled. If you want her for breeding to one of your boys, you can have her in exchange for a few eggs from something next spring.
big_smile.png
I love the pretty reddish color coming in on #4's butt, lol.
fl.gif
Hoping they look like lilacs, and if you order from porters next spring let me know. I'll add a few lilac poults to your order so i can compare them to the turkeys I/we have.
Lol, I have too many drakes too. I've gotten better at finding pee pee's, but still am only around 60-70% accurate.
She's pretty friendly. She comes up to me, takes food from my hands, etc. Doesn't bite, but has seriously sharp nails so I only hold her with a hoodie with thick sleeves on, lol or I get scratched all up. She just hangs around out of her cage, doesn't mind the kids.
We'll talk about the girl and the order and let you know
wink.png

Congrats Kevin on your new birds!
Sue, it is a neat looking gander. Interesting cross.
Marty, woo hoo! Can't wait for more happy reports!
the parents where the ones sold to us as Pilgrims

Haha, Dutch. I will get new pics of her tomorrow, but you have to take pics too!

Hope everyone is surviving this heat. I have sprinklers running in all my birds' yards. They practically live in them during the worst part of the day.

I almost envy those of you who have "heat" where you live. I'm really tired of overcast and humid. The only plants in my garden that are happy are the collards and chard. In other words, the sometimes for us, but usually duck snacks plants.

Quackers, almost is the operative word. I will take your weather over mine. Half my state is on fire, it is so dry... and no rain in sight. :/

Hey darlins! Just set 118 Giant Pekins
ep.gif
, 5 dozen Heritage Turkeys
th.gif
, My own Cayugas & Sussex ~ I also am hatching my 22 Ohiki eggs
wee.gif
! BUSY BUSY here ! My bator still has an empty tray & a couple rows left on another ..... NEXT Sat auction.... trouble
lau.gif

Gunna go back & read the last couple days posts
pop.gif

Last edited:
Quackers, almost is the operative word. I will take your weather over mine. Half my state is on fire, it is so dry... and no rain in sight.
hmm.png
Exactly. I've been in places where wildfires were going and it's not fun at all. I pray that the end is in sight for all those who have been evacuated from their homes.
Hey darlins! Just set 118 Giant Pekins
ep.gif
, 5 dozen Heritage Turkeys
th.gif
, My own Cayugas & Sussex ~ I also am hatching my 22 Ohiki eggs
wee.gif
! BUSY BUSY here ! My bator still has an empty tray & a couple rows left on another ..... NEXT Sat auction.... trouble
lau.gif

Gunna go back & read the last couple days posts
pop.gif
Whoa. I need a Master Bator!

Jaz... you got Marans hatching eggs by chance? I have a friend who's considering going to Snohomish for some and I told her I'd check around to friends for her.

Sue your Buff Orp ducks are beautiful! Lovely coloring on that boy.

Julie what a great picture just sitting on the back of the couch.

Kevin, those are ,y favorite peafowl! The greens are just so striking. Hope you have a good cock to hen ratio in them.

Super hot and so not wanting to do anything outside around here. So thankful to live on the coast and have the great ocean breeze.

Picked up a buckling this past week, bottle feeding him 5 times a day currently. Heading out for another nanny and her daughter here in a bit. That will round out our goat herd. Will put us at two nannies, a wither, a 5 week old doe, a 3 week old buck and a 5 month old doe.

Back
Top Bottom