Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

Baby update.... I took the camera outside yesterday
big_smile.png

3 black sumatra chicks and 1 cochin hatched 6-24

Barney - Buff Hatched 3-5 isn't his drake curl cute
wink.png

one of Barney's Buff girls same age

the current goose flock... we'll decide about Sept who stays, who gets sold and who goes to freezer land.. Squishy Stays
wink.png

Gem and Pearl... Gem's colors aren't what they should be,
fl.gif
QJ has an extra drake

about 1/2 of they ducks including the pair of Blues from Julie
big_smile.png

Turkeys #3 and 4 in pic came from Julie... looks like all 5 are boys.. making plans to order from Porters next year
I have an extra girl turkey. :) I am only wanting to keep a pair, and have a boy and 2 girls I'm pretty sure. Neither of the "girls" has strutted or gobbled. If you want her for breeding to one of your boys, you can have her in exchange for a few eggs from something next spring.
big_smile.png
I love the pretty reddish color coming in on #4's butt, lol.
fl.gif
Hoping they look like lilacs, and if you order from porters next spring let me know. I'll add a few lilac poults to your order so i can compare them to the turkeys I/we have.
I discovered (or confirmed) last night that:
1) I can't find a peepee to save my life when vent sexing
2) That my two drakes and one female pekin are actually three drakes
3) That I really need to get rid of a couple pekin drakes

barnie.gif
Lol, I have too many drakes too. I've gotten better at finding pee pee's, but still am only around 60-70% accurate.
Julie, your squirrel is so cute! Is it friendly and pet-like?

Sue, love the birds!! Your buffs are especially cute! I also think Halloween is really neat looking. Too bad you can't keep them all!!

Quackers, bummer about having too many drakes. I know what you mean. I have a pen filled with them, but I can't seem to get myself to list them.
She's pretty friendly. She comes up to me, takes food from my hands, etc. Doesn't bite, but has seriously sharp nails so I only hold her with a hoodie with thick sleeves on, lol or I get scratched all up. She just hangs around out of her cage, doesn't mind the kids.

Miss me? Thursday I ended up with food poising so had to go to the doctors. Friday I was out watering the plants and ended up having a heat stroke. However, I do have a surprise. Guess what I got? Peafowl
wee.gif
. I purchased 6 green javas chicks
celebrate.gif
. They'll look like this full grown:

images

Miss me? Thursday I ended up with food poising so had to go to the doctors. Friday I was out watering the plants and ended up having a heat stroke. However, I do have a surprise. Guess what I got? Peafowl
wee.gif
celebrate.gif

images
Kevin, I hope you're feeling much better now. Get some rest! That's an order.

Beautiful peafowl!

Thanks GQ
hugs.gif
. I'm defiantly taking it easy for the next few days and luckily have a friend helping me out with the birds for the next few days.

Oh, and I somehow ended up with a ton of eggs to go in the bator. 4 runner eggs, 16 pekin eggs and 44 from my flock (if I mentally counted this right). I was out of room in the fridge, so going out for the season with a huge hatch.

Having to hand turn two dozen. Oops!

wee.gif
celebrate.gif

images
love.gif
Lovely addition to your zoo.
Oh, and I somehow ended up with a ton of eggs to go in the bator. 4 runner eggs, 16 pekin eggs and 44 from my flock (if I mentally counted this right). I was out of room in the fridge, so going out for the season with a huge hatch.

lau.gif

Last two ducklings have hatched. One has a crooked neck. Hopefully it'll straighten out once ducky gets used to being out in the world.
woot.gif
and
fl.gif
for the crooked neck.

droolin.gif

love.gif
Lovely addition to your zoo.
lau.gif
Thanks Julie! I'll have quite the bird section
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom