Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

lau.gif
Need to get some beergaritas on tap.
Amen, sista!

I also sold my muscovy Keiko's last three ducklings yesterday. She has been calling for them ever since
hit.gif
. So now I am down to my three original adults, 4 juveniles, and anything that hatches from the incubator.
hugs.gif
It's so sad to see them searching for their babies! But it's for the best. She will hatch many more clutches.
Well been busy yesterday ~ Moved my above ground pond into the side yard with my other pond

So I now have 2 ponds in one area & HAPPY GEESE & DUCKS!!!

KEEP in mind now that we have the ponds in .... Now comes the river rock & landscaping!!!! I hope to have a bunch of plants & shrubs in there to make it PURDY!!!

Anyone know of shrubs/plants/trees that GEESE & DUCKS won't bother? I was going to get some Yucca plants
Jaz, you sure know how to have a vacation! Your property is going to be so awesome. I need to make a road trip and come see you!
lau.gif
Need to get some beergaritas on tap.
That sounds heavenly. I ought to run to the bank and then fetch some drinkies!

frow.gif
Hi all.

Nice looking yard Jazz, you and your babies will both be happy. My roses, yucca, and quince bushes aren't having any trouble. My large grasses (native tall grass, about 8' now) seems to outgrow them also. It was well established first, however. They trim the edges up a bit, but its all to the good. They'll never get it all, its just way too big a project for them.
So, they don't eat thorny things. I'm thinking raspberry bushes may not be too their liking, ditto any bitter bush.

I'd call up my county extension person, and ask them what would be a good choice, that is hardy in your area.

Hi Eyeheart. What exactly is a beergorita?

I am celebrating Joe Manganiello because Magic Mike is out in theaters today.
droolin.gif
Twinkies
lau.gif
Oh yeah! So can't wait to see that movie. I'm hot for Matthew McConaughey! You can have Joe
lau.gif

frow.gif
Hi all.

Nice looking yard Jazz, you and your babies will both be happy. My roses, yucca, and quince bushes aren't having any trouble. My large grasses (native tall grass, about 8' now) seems to outgrow them also. It was well established first, however. They trim the edges up a bit, but its all to the good. They'll never get it all, its just way too big a project for them.
So, they don't eat thorny things. I'm thinking raspberry bushes may not be too their liking, ditto any bitter bush.

I'd call up my county extension person, and ask them what would be a good choice, that is hardy in your area.

Hi Marty
frow.gif

Hey Marty & Dutch.
frow.gif

Hope you are doing ok in the heat. I am sounding like a broken record... but would you both puh-leaze post new pics of your birds??

Marty, how's your giant pekin hatch going?

If I ever get more pics, I will. Ironically the day before Luna was lost, I took pics, but since they mostly featured her (my favorite), I didn't have the heart to post them. I'm tired of death and looking at deat things and people, so i didn't. (micro rant)

The three eggs are still alive, and no pips yet, but they are all tilting. So far, so good.

hugs.gif
It's so sad to see them searching for their babies! But it's for the best. She will hatch many more clutches.
Jaz, you sure know how to have a vacation! Your property is going to be so awesome. I need to make a road trip and come see you!
That sounds heavenly. I ought to run to the bank and then fetch some drinkies!
Drinkies!!!!!
lau.gif
I am gonna have to use that one. LOVE IT!
Margarita's that contain beer.

This is my Beergarita recipe. If you do not have a 64 oz blender you will have to cut the recipe in half. One, 12oz can of frozen raspberry lemonade or limeade (personal preference), 12oz of the cheapest tequila gold you can find. One, 12 oz can of cheap light logger beer, and fill with ice to 64 ounces. They are so good! I have never tried making them with good tequila or good beer because they are already perfected to my taste.
droolin.gif

Oh yeah! So can't wait to see that movie. I'm hot for Matthew McConaughey! You can have Joe
lau.gif
DEAL!
If I ever get more pics, I will. Ironically the day before Luna was lost, I took pics, but since they mostly featured her (my favorite), I didn't have the heart to post them. I'm tired of death and looking at deat things and people, so i didn't. (micro rant)

The three eggs are still alive, and no pips yet, but they are all tilting. So far, so good.
fl.gif

Last edited:
frow.gif
Hi all.

Hey Marty!!!

hugs.gif

Hoping the pekins make their arrival soon! I finally got my eggs delivered today. Get to set them Sunday night assuming that my runner eggs come tomorrow.
Drinkies!!!!!
lau.gif
I am gonna have to use that one. LOVE IT!
I ended up with a margarita in a can from the convenience store. Budget sucks. Hubby's birthday is coming up and I'm trying to save for his gun safe.

Back
Top Bottom