Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

Hey Marty!!!
hugs.gif

Hoping the pekins make their arrival soon! I finally got my eggs delivered today. Get to set them Sunday night assuming that my runner eggs come tomorrow.
I ended up with a margarita in a can from the convenience store. Budget sucks. Hubby's birthday is coming up and I'm trying to save for his gun safe.
I have a couple dozen quail eggs in the bator due on the 7th. I am thinking I may butcher my adults and sell my pen and the babies. We shall see.

Marty-So you need to let me know soon if you still want eggs. I am still tossing the idea of selling them around so I am not in a huge hurry.

The things we do for our men :::Sigh::: Jaz was telling me about some bottled margarita drinks that she bought a while back. I guess she threw them into the freezer and they actually became slushied. For the life of me I cannot remember the name of them.

If I ever get more pics, I will. Ironically the day before Luna was lost, I took pics, but since they mostly featured her (my favorite), I didn't have the heart to post them. I'm tired of death and looking at deat things and people, so i didn't. (micro rant)

The three eggs are still alive, and no pips yet, but they are all tilting. So far, so good.

Awwww, that is a bummer!! I sure would love to see how your precious dewlaps are growing up, though!

fl.gif
for your pekin eggs hatching!!

Baby update.... I took the camera outside yesterday
big_smile.png

3 black sumatra chicks and 1 cochin hatched 6-24

Barney - Buff Hatched 3-5 isn't his drake curl cute
wink.png

one of Barney's Buff girls same age

the current goose flock... we'll decide about Sept who stays, who gets sold and who goes to freezer land.. Squishy Stays
wink.png

Gem and Pearl... Gem's colors aren't what they should be,
fl.gif
QJ has an extra drake

about 1/2 of they ducks including the pair of Blues from Julie
big_smile.png

Turkeys #3 and 4 in pic came from Julie... looks like all 5 are boys.. making plans to order from Porters next year

Baby update.... I took the camera outside yesterday
big_smile.png

3 black sumatra chicks and 1 cochin hatched 6-24

Barney - Buff Hatched 3-5 isn't his drake curl cute
wink.png

one of Barney's Buff girls same age

the current goose flock... we'll decide about Sept who stays, who gets sold and who goes to freezer land.. Squishy Stays
wink.png

Gem and Pearl... Gem's colors aren't what they should be,
fl.gif
QJ has an extra drake

about 1/2 of they ducks including the pair of Blues from Julie
big_smile.png

Turkeys #3 and 4 in pic came from Julie... looks like all 5 are boys.. making plans to order from Porters next year
Awesome flocks!

I discovered (or confirmed) last night that:
1) I can't find a peepee to save my life when vent sexing
2) That my two drakes and one female pekin are actually three drakes
3) That I really need to get rid of a couple pekin drakes

barnie.gif

Julie, your squirrel is so cute! Is it friendly and pet-like?

Sue, love the birds!! Your buffs are especially cute! I also think Halloween is really neat looking. Too bad you can't keep them all!!

Quackers, bummer about having too many drakes. I know what you mean. I have a pen filled with them, but I can't seem to get myself to list them.

I discovered (or confirmed) last night that:
1) I can't find a peepee to save my life when vent sexing
2) That my two drakes and one female pekin are actually three drakes
3) That I really need to get rid of a couple pekin drakes

barnie.gif
I can sometimes... but I tell everyone that if it looked like a girl it's a 50/50 shot I only figure I'm right when I find a pee pee
and thanks for complementing my birds
big_smile.png

Julie, your squirrel is so cute! Is it friendly and pet-like?

Sue, love the birds!! Your buffs are especially cute! I also think Halloween is really neat looking. Too bad you can't keep them all!!

Quackers, bummer about having too many drakes. I know what you mean. I have a pen filled with them, but I can't seem to get myself to list them.
Maybe Janet but Freezer land was part of the original plan anyway . Halloween is one of the Classic Roman/Toulous cross that we hatched... to bad he's a boy
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom