Three Year Old Australorps

I went to my last year of university and studied in France. But like most students, I could not afford to eat the expensive French cuisine and mostly dined on and ate out at Chinese restaurants, which even a poor student could afford every once in a while. I think no matter where you live, college students live on Ramen noodles....
Not sure it's an expensive meal, but regardless at least you knew the language, eh?

Not sure it's an expensive meal, but regardless at least you knew the language, eh?

All French food in France is expensive. If you can afford it (as a college student), then it's not French cuisine. I would not claim that I was fluent in French by their standards, but I was good enough to get through a year of college studies at their university.

:old Because of my experience living in a foreign country as a poor, broke student, I think I have more sympathy for immigrant children coming to America with little or no English language skills. It's a real challenge to learn your course material when you still are working on understanding the language itself.

BTW, I never had any language education until I entered university. I started late in life compared to many people. But I did OK and had a great time studying in France. I feel bad for all those students today that cannot experience that adventure due to COVID concerns around the world.

Hope your daughter's experience was good. It can be difficult to be a foreign exchange student, but I sure enjoyed it.
It was both a good and difficult experience.
There as a lot of discrimination towards Americans there at that time(early 2000's) because of GWB. We experienced it too when we went to visit her.

Back
Top Bottom