Tiger Dog? Panda Pup?

I wanna Chow Chow now
lol.png
I've got a deer, some chickens, two dogs, a cat, a panda, a fish.... wait a PANDA??
lau.gif
Just so you guys know the die washed out very easy. Just like that wal-mart spray stuff.
bun.gif

Quote:
Out of curiosity, why do you think it's abuse? They're not hurt, neglected, unhappy or anything (as far as I know), and a dog isn't going to look in the mirror and think "Aw man, I look silly".

I agree. I've seen dogs getting dyed and they absolutely ADORE the full body massage and the massive amounts of attention they get. Dogs don't know they look silly or are different colors, they can't comprehend that. I think saying it's abuse is a little much. These dogs are so pampered and spoiled, they probobly won't ever want to go back to their in-dyed ways ever again!

Quoted from the link I posted:

"'The dogs seem to love the whole experience,' added Mr Netherland. 'One of the reasons I love my job is because I love animals so much. I much prefer working with them than people.

'By the time the dogs get to me after they have been through the tournament they are bounding around and very happy.

'I think all the attention that gets bestowed upon them through the whole process must be nice for them.' "

Quote:
Out of curiosity, why do you think it's abuse? They're not hurt, neglected, unhappy or anything (as far as I know), and a dog isn't going to look in the mirror and think "Aw man, I look silly".

Because they are dying the coats, what does the amonia in the dye do to their skin? If you're like me, I dont buy anything tested on animals, this to me, resembles checmical testing on animals, They didnt ask to have it done, they were forced to have it done. It's just a personal opinion.

I doubt the dyes used on them have any ammonia in them. My husband just dyed our bichon's ears and tail teal blue the other day ( I was not happy) but she loved it. He used watered down food coloring. You can also use kool-aid. It has already faded. It did no harm to her.

Quote:

Because they are dying the coats, what does the amonia in the dye do to their skin? If you're like me, I dont buy anything tested on animals, this to me, resembles checmical testing on animals, They didnt ask to have it done, they were forced to have it done. It's just a personal opinion.

It's a vegetable dye that is made specifically for animals and can be purchased at the vet or at online pet stores. There is no amonia in the dyes used on animals. There is a gal here that dyed a silkie hot pink for someones wedding. The dyes come in alot of different colors, and can be mixed.

Now go enjoy the pics.

I make decisions for (wear a collar, whether dinner will be real meat or processed that night) and tailor behavior to my desires (ie. Potty training) for my dog all the time. While some people do see that as slavery and abusive, I have never felt that way about it myself, and I'm guessing by my dog's behavior that she doesn't either. I can see how the idea of dying animals might rub some the wrong way because some see it as a theme of bending animals to human desires, but to call it abusive or near abuse seems like a stretch to me by far. If an owner made a dog go through a dying process and the dog was terrified, then it certainly would be distasteful, but so is forcing an obviously afraid dog into a tub to me. The dogs I've seen show every sign of enjoying the attention though, and it is also putting words into a dog's mouth, to me, to say that a wagging, happy dog is unhappy. I guess I never got the extreme upset over dyed animals, more so because the reasons given (harsh chemicals, animal feeling shame, etc.) aren't something that seems to be accurate. But then, I never got the huge upset over vibrantly dyed people hair either!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom