gig.gif
I like your hubby..
tongue.png

You wanna donate hammie? ETA: green would be a fine color for him

lau.gif

Dont give me any ideas....
lol.png

Quote:
You are right we were not there. How do we know they did not get breaks, or this was not done in segments? How do we know that the animal was forced to stand the whole process? The shock collar theory is odd too cause the neck is usually where it goes and how would it get painted then, do they move the shock collar around the animals waste? Also what does halibut have to do with it? It does sound tasty however
wink.png

Quote:
You wanna donate hammie? ETA: green would be a fine color for him

lau.gif

lol.png

If we can't have the real deal, we have to pretend. He would looks so cute and tasty.

Quote:
lol.png

If we can't have the real deal, we have to pretend. He would looks so cute and tasty.

We could paint him to look like a big fat ham...
droolin.gif

Ooh he'd be sooo offended! I'm gonna do it!
gig.gif

Quote:
ditto...

it's actually not against the law or cruel. Chicks are dyed in the shells, by way of a small hole in the egg. they hatch already colorful. People conducting wildlife studies often do this to wild ducklings, laboratories do this to track certain groups for various studies. It does not harm them and the color only lasts until the first moult.

In some states, it is in FACT illegal to do so. Even if your entire state does not have a law against it, your specific city might. Some ducks and chicks and even bunnies are dyed after hatching >birth<...how else would you dye a bunny as they are not in eggs ? As far as it not being cruel, that is a matter of opinion as you can see on this forum and many others. There are a lot of other people who hold the same opinion as I do, although many of those are much MUCH more vocal and more against it than I. I've seen some file to have pets removed from homes because of this.

Quote:
You are right we were not there. How do we know they did not get breaks, or this was not done in segments? How do we know that the animal was forced to stand the whole process? The shock collar theory is odd too cause the neck is usually where it goes and how would it get painted then, do they move the shock collar around the animals waste? Also what does halibut have to do with it? It does sound tasty however
wink.png

Cause I didn't wanna say for the H**l of it and get in trouble, but I too enjoy the tasty fish on ocassion.

I've seen some file to have pets removed from homes because of this.

With so many pets needing homes, with actual cases of abuse and neglect needing to be looked at, and with people who use pet-approved dyes being perfectly capable owners, that is beyond saddening to me to hear, and definitely does not come across as a responsible or respectful action to me.​

Last edited:
heather, i have to say calling me a borederline abuser for dying my pets is rather...well yeah.

i do not use pet dyes, i use plain ole cool aid which is simply vegatable dye, its mixed to a paste with a DOG conditioner and then i rub it in...wiht my bare hands (yes i end up just as pink as my dog lol) she is NOT tethered, she is not standing there "for ever" infact the whole process takes no longer than putting on and rubbing in shampoo or conditioner and rinsing it off.

the other dyed manufactured and marketed for pets have NO chemicals, they are usually vegatable oil and conditioner based.

my dog LOVES the attention she gets being multi colored.

the dogs being used for the creative grooming contests, are poodles, do you know how long it takes to groom a poodle on a NORMAL basis...greative grooming takes the same amount of time, the dogs are NOT tethered, ever, the dye used in those cntests is actually "1 wash" (they usually use childrens washable markers and kids chalk) because these dogs have to go back to being "normal" after the show...

the dogs are not tethered for hours with chemicals on them, its not like dying a humans hair, even the kolaid method is 10 mins tops...theres no chemicals and if the dogs not ok with being bathed and groomed it doesnt get colored either.

if you think its silly thats fine...
but abuse?! those are some serious charges in my books.

i dye my female pink every year around halloween and we go "trick or treating" to raise money for breast cancer awareness, she LOVES the attention, she LOVES bath time, and i love that her hair is always in better condition afterwards (because i mix with her conditioner and let it sit for a few mins) than it was before.
I dont dye my male because he doesnt like being in the bath or holding still for more than 3 seconds, he also doesnt like any extra attention.

belive you me...if my dog was in any danger form chemicals, or i had to tie her up for ages, or seemed "ashamed" or "humiliated" (both of whihc are human attributes and your anthromoprhasising your pets by giving those human emotions, anmals are way more complex than we give them credit for but they dont think like people and never will...just like a male dog isnt psycologically scared for life if you remove his testicles via a neuter, they lso arnt psycologically scarred if you groom them a certain way or put bows in their hair or put a pink collar on a boy dog ect.
dogs at the dog park dont shun my female because shes pink...they dont see color that way...unlike humans being "different" doesnt matter as long as you display proper body language.

but then again my dogs also wear sweaters in winter when its cold....obviously abuse...and live indoors, which is also "abuse" because there not "free to be dogs" and sleep on cushy beds, and get the best food i can give them, oh wait where was i going wiht this...oh yeah im an ABUSIVE owner...*rolls eyes*

that being said, i have no problem with people dying bunnies and chicks if its done safely, i honestly dont know how its done on chicks, i heard something about injecting vegatable dyes into the egg...now that method im not so sure about because of the risk of introducing bacteria into the egg as it develops.
i also woulnd tagree with taking baby animals and dipping them in vats of dyes ect...
but a little koolaid pasted on and then well rinsed carefully is no worse than giving them a bath.

i do NOT however agree with people dying their pets in order to sell them, especially given its directed to kids and i dont belive ANYONE should buy an animal no matter how big or small "oh a whim"
i also dont agree with dying pets simply as fashion acessories so you can "show em off" to your frineds and give absolutly no throught to how the dog feels about the process (some dogs HATE bathtime) and the attention they get from it (some dogs HATE the extra attention)

just my 2 cents...do your reserch before claiming abuse...its a serious charge...id rather be charged of murder than animal abuse.
(and as an animal behaviourist i think im ok in saying i know how to read my dogs and other dogs body language and can safely say shes not "humiliated" by it whatsoever.)
if youd done nay kind of reserch into your claims youd know that 1, chemicals are not ever applied to the dogs in the dyes, they are 100% natural vegatable dyes (ie beet juice) and must be edible and "kid safe" before being used in the creative grooming compertitions
2: the dogs are NEVER tied
3: the process of dying takes no longer than properly shampooing them...
3: the dogs used in these competitions are so used to being groomed for long periods that the process is like a spa hour to a human being, they realy do enjoy it!
ive seen dogs try to "push in line" for the grooming table

Heathero617 said,

"Who really knows how they were treated in the process? Neither you or I were there to see that they didn't use shock collars or how they got them to remain still and compliant for what is sure to take a good while. While you may dye your dogs ears, or dunk a silkie that is nowhere near forcing a dog the size of a small adult to stand still long enough to make them look like another animal."

I have been there, many times, and not seen any of these things. In fact Animal planet did a special show on one of the competitions that goes through the whole planning and prep before hand. Obvious, outright abuse (sic)

Back
Top Bottom