Crazy Duck Lover

Songster
Mar 21, 2021
Southern United States 🇺🇸
I’m currently incubating duck eggs in a NR 360. I try to keep my humidity between 50-55% before lockdown. I’m only on day two, but I do a good job of keeping the humidity stable during the day, but when I wake up it says the humidity is 39-40%! Will this effect my hatch rate? How to I keep the humidity stable during the night??

so I take it you are keeping things stable by spraying the incubator every few hours.
Have you tried placing a wet kitchen sponge in there? - if you have the space to do so.
The aim is to increase the evaporative surface in the incubator so if the trays are full then adding a wet sponge will add a decent evaporative surface because it it very porous so lots of internal surface area that will add to the evaporation without having to spray constantly

It is the average humidity that matters. If you have 12 hours of 52% then 12 hours of 40%, then you have an average of 46% per day. I don't know duck eggs, but if that were chicken eggs, that would probably be just fine until lockdown.

I have the NR360 also. I can normally keep the humidity in that range by filling up the "A" port until it can't hold any more. It will hold a lot more than you think. If you pour slowly, it will keep going after the cup appears full. Then, I open the air vent halfway. I know that relative humidity matters, but my house is dry, and I only have to fill mine every 36-48 hours.

I have the NR360 also. I can normally keep the humidity in that range by filling up the "A" port until it can't hold any more. It will hold a lot more than you think. If you pour slowly, it will keep going after the cup appears full. Then, I open the air vent halfway. I know that relative humidity matters, but my house is dry, and I only have to fill mine every 36-48 hours.
Thank you for replying! The only thing is that I live in a very humid climate, so a table spoon of water will spike my humidity to 80+

Back
Top Bottom