Tis Time for a March 2020 Hatch-a-long!

I have 3 Silver double laced Barnevelder eggs in the incubator that are part of a potluck auction. They are beautiful birds and I can't wait for them to hatch! Good luck!

It’s starting to sound like these are from Foxfire?

The Silver Double Laced are gorgeous.

All of my shipped eggs are from her. 4 auctions worth lol. You will be happy :)
I won an auction for 36 hatching eggs from Foxfire, shipped across the country. One egg was cracked. I received them earlier than expected, so I wasn't able to start them right away (incubators were in use).
So far, 25 of the remaining 35 are developing well. Unfortunately, all 3 of the Gold laced Orpington eggs are clear. :(
Otherwise I am very happy with them. A very nice variety. The embryos appear to be strong, based on their movement.
I am anxious to see the chicks!
:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:fl

Did you ever get your Deathlayers? :fl

Three brown ones on the left :) I picked up a dozen a few hours from my house. Only 3 made it. Better not all be cockerels! They are definitely not “death hatchers”. And from what Foxfire was saying, they’re not proving to be deathlayers either. She went for a long dry spell and didn’t send any with all the batches I bought.
408C4DCD-5A5B-46C3-A555-196E6E8677B8.jpeg

Three brown ones on the left :) I picked up a dozen a few hours from my house. Only 3 made it. Better not all be cockerels! They are definitely not “death hatchers”. And from what Foxfire was saying, they’re not proving to be deathlayers either. She went for a long dry spell and didn’t send any with all the batches I bought.
View attachment 2066608
The auction I won from her said in the comment section that the Deathlayers weren't laying at that time.

I won an auction for 36 hatching eggs from Foxfire, shipped across the country. One egg was cracked. I received them earlier than expected, so I wasn't able to start them right away (incubators were in use).
So far, 25 of the remaining 35 are developing well. Unfortunately, all 3 of the Gold laced Orpington eggs are clear. :(
Otherwise I am very happy with them. A very nice variety. The embryos appear to be strong, based on their movement.
I am anxious to see the chicks!
:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:fl

36 auction I haven’t done yet. So she sent exactly 36? I’m surprised she didn’t send extras.

I purchased 3 of the 15s and 1 of the 30s. With one of the 15s she sent 30 :D the others were 18 and 24. Either way, all had some clears and quitters, part of the hatching shipped eggs game. Sucks sometimes though! Especially when the eggs you really want to hatch quit a day before hatch day.

Back
Top Bottom