To buy, or not to buy - The story of the unknown GQF 1266.

Jerrod Davis

Chirping
Sep 27, 2017
My wife and I have the opportunity to get a used (dunno for how long) GQF 1266 cabinet incubator. The seller is asking $350 and I don't have any idea if that is worth it or not. We currently have a 1502, but occasionally need some extra incubator space. Is $350 a good price for an unknown in age GQF 1266?

I couldn’t seem to find that specific model. I found a ‘1202’ though. Do you have pictures of the one for sale or a link? I think that price would be pretty good, as I found the ones on the market for 700+ dollars. However, I would try t see if you can see it in person first. How many eggs do you need to be able to hatch at a time?

We were going to go ahead and give it a try but the seller backed out. Probably best since there is a bird ban in Oklahoma due to HPAI. We were hatching 8 dozen weekly and supplying to a local store. But now we can't sell any to a public storefront. We can still do private sales but it is amazing how much harder it is to sell privately rather than a brick and mortar store.

Back
Top Bottom