To formally introduce my new babies!!!

luvmychicknkids

Canning Squirrel
11 Years
Mar 6, 2008
Floresville, Texas
Just finished my first hatch ever and it was very difficult!!! Major humidity issues. However, out of the 12 eggs that were developing after day 3, 10 hatched into beautiful, perfect, babies!!!

Here are the little monsters now (actually only 8 are in this pic...two weren't dry yet)

babies_1.jpg

They are a living tribute to their father, Sigmund, my beautiful Golden Campine roo who was killed. I put all his fertilized eggs in an incubator that day. None of the mothers are Campines, but I think these are going to be some cuties anyway.
smile.png

Here he is:
Sigmund20080323064000.jpg

Awwww... they are adorable and your roo was very handsome indeed! How good that you got his eggs in the bator!
big_smile.png
Congrats!

LOL....I know, with the strange little mixes I have here, I am really anxious to see what they turn out like.
smile.png
The two from my RIR look the most like he did as a baby so I am hoping for a little roo out of those.
smile.png

Congratulations!
smile.png

I'm so happy that you have these little ones!

Did you mark the 2 from the ice box to know if they were ones which hatched, or not?

Thank you for sharing your good news!
smile.png

Thank you.
smile.png

Yup, sure did, and those two are going strong.
smile.png
In fact, when candling throughout the incubation, the refrigerator egg from my White Leghorn was the most active and biggest embryo.
smile.png
The other was from my EE so I couldn't see it what it was doing until it hatched. Pretty amazing, she had them in there, big end down and everything.

Back
Top Bottom