To formally introduce my new babies!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by luvmychicknkids, May 26, 2008.

1. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Just finished my first hatch ever and it was very difficult!!! Major humidity issues. However, out of the 12 eggs that were developing after day 3, 10 hatched into beautiful, perfect, babies!!!

Here are the little monsters now (actually only 8 are in this pic...two weren't dry yet)

[​IMG]

They are a living tribute to their father, Sigmund, my beautiful Golden Campine roo who was killed. I put all his fertilized eggs in an incubator that day. None of the mothers are Campines, but I think these are going to be some cuties anyway. [​IMG]
    Here he is:
    [​IMG]

2. mangled

mangled Chillin' With My Peeps

How cool is that?

They're definitely little cuties.

Congrats. [​IMG]
    Em

3. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Awwww... they are adorable and your roo was very handsome indeed! How good that you got his eggs in the bator! [​IMG] Congrats!

4. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Thanks guys. I am pretty proud of them. Two of these were actually taken from my mom's refrigerator.

Last edited: May 26, 2008
  5. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Very cute!

6. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

How exciting! You'll have to take progression shots, they'll change so much until they are full grown, it's always so exciting, you never really know what you'll get!

7. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    LOL....I know, with the strange little mixes I have here, I am really anxious to see what they turn out like. [​IMG] The two from my RIR look the most like he did as a baby so I am hoping for a little roo out of those. [​IMG]

8. Tutter

Tutter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2008
    N. California
    Congratulations! [​IMG]

I'm so happy that you have these little ones!

Did you mark the 2 from the ice box to know if they were ones which hatched, or not?

Thank you for sharing your good news! [​IMG]

9. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Thank you. [​IMG]

Yup, sure did, and those two are going strong. [​IMG] In fact, when candling throughout the incubation, the refrigerator egg from my White Leghorn was the most active and biggest embryo. [​IMG] The other was from my EE so I couldn't see it what it was doing until it hatched. Pretty amazing, she had them in there, big end down and everything.

10. mamaboyd

mamaboyd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2007
    Kendal.Ontario,Canada
    Cute chicks!! Your rooster was very handsome, how lucky you were to be able to hatch his babies [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by