specTONKular

Chirping
Aug 23, 2020
Hertfordshire uk
Hi,
I havent had much luck with incubating my duck eggs. (I blame the incubator) but thats neither here nor there.
On tuesday one of my eggs was chirping, getting the family all excited. However this was on day 20, i stopped turning the egg but continued to turn the others since then i haven't heard any more chirping.
Im not sure what to do, do i still turn the egg that was chirping? Assume it has died and remove it.
Thank you in advance for any help given!!

Shine a light in the fat end and see what you can see. If you can see movement that's a good sign. If it looks full and dark under the air cell that's a good sign too.

Shine a light in the fat end and see what you can see. If you can see movement that's a good sign. If it looks full and dark under the air cell that's a good sign too.
Thank you for your help i will give it s go tomorrow.
Do ducklings chirp in the shell without breaking the sir sac?? I am so anxious this is the furthest i have got my eggs.

Thank you for your help i will give it s go tomorrow.
Do ducklings chirp in the shell without breaking the sir sac?? I am so anxious this is the furthest i have got my eggs.
They would need to be pipped into the air cell to be able to chirp. I sure hope you get a great hatch rate.

It can be pretty frustrating waiting for hatching especially if you hear sounds. Help. Don't help. I try to tell myself that if I was a tiny chick/duckling trying to break out of a hard shell it would take time and I would need breaks.
Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

I did find it hard candling the eggs as they are quite dark. The one that was chirping I wasnt sure was growing as it should

So. I have candled the eggs the one that was chirping i can see blood spots, no movement to me whistling. But it is dark behind the air sac. The other egg i have, again no movement, but it might be the candling light i am using. I shall lock down and wait and see what else can i do?? I really appreciate your help, thank you!!!

So i couldn't see any movement in the egg and what looked like blood was coming through the shell today so i thought that the unfortunate had happend, which it had, although it wasn't a duck, it was a chick, i brought ducks (or so i thought) so i feel really sad easter sunday here

Back
Top Bottom