Today it'll be 5 years...

Avalon1984

Songster
9 Years
Dec 22, 2010
Muskegon
Today it is 5 years that I lost my husband and 3 of my best friends to one of the worst train wrecks in Germany. A maglev train on a test track in northern Germany was travelling at speeds in excess of 200km/hr when it hit a 20 ton maintenance vehicle that was “forgotten” on the track. Out of the 30+ people aboard 23 died. Every inch of that test track was on camera but apparently somebody “overlooked” the vehicle. That same person was released on probation because he was very sorry for his mistake. To this day it makes me sick to my stomach.

They say you are not supposed to hate but I do wish that this man will die having to live through the endless pain and suffering he has caused countless families who have lost their father, mother, brother, sister, husband, wife or child. I was married for 3 months when my husband was taken away and it took me years to lead a halfway normal life again. I was lucky enough to find another wonderful man who was willing to take on a scarred woman but not everybody was that lucky. Many are still out there trying to find the light at the end of the tunnel. I still remember watching the news like we all do and seeing an accident and suddenly realizing it is your husband involved in that. Then the media starts calling, government letters of apology come through the mail, your name is all over the TV…it is just surreal. I guess I just had to vent. Sorry.

74337_untitled.png

74337_t5.jpg

I am so sorry you went through that. You have alot of bitterness in your heart. Forgiveness is for you, not for the person who made the mistake. Hate is a poison to your heart and soul.

Forgive and set yourself free!

Love to you,
Sharon

Quote:
Thank you Sharon for your concerns. I cannot and never will forgive. They say you cannot get away with murder and the German judicial system proved that you can… a whole 23 times. I am a happy person and I enjoy my new life to the fullest, I laugh and I love, I am grateful for what I have and look forward to the future. But part of me will always hate this man for what he did to all these families. I hope I did not offend you but that is how I feel.

Quote:
Thank you Sharon for your concerns. I cannot and never will forgive. They say you cannot get away with murder and the German judicial system proved that you can… a whole 23 times. I am a happy person and I enjoy my new life to the fullest, I laugh and I love, I am grateful for what I have and look forward to the future. But part of me will always hate this man for what he did to all these families. I hope I did not offend you but that is how I feel.

You did not offend at all! And I surely hope I didn't offend you or hurt your feelings. It's just that, while you can never forget, five years is such a long time to hold onto feelings of hate. I am glad you're able to enjoy life now, and I wish you the best!

Sharon

Quote:

You did not offend at all! And I surely hope I didn't offend you or hurt your feelings. It's just that, while you can never forget, five years is such a long time to hold onto feelings of hate. I am glad you're able to enjoy life now, and I wish you the best!

Sharon

Thanks Sharon, I certainly appreciate your kind words. I am able to put certain things at peace and I slowly work on the rest. But just like many other deaths, it haunts you when you least expect it. You can ignore it, you can shake it off but it is always there. I can only compare it to a family of a murder victim while the killer is still on the run.

Quote:

Sharon

Thanks Sharon, I certainly appreciate your kind words. I am able to put certain things at peace and I slowly work on the rest. But just like many other deaths, it haunts you when you least expect it. You can ignore it, you can shake it off but it is always there. I can only compare it to a family of a murder victim while the killer is still on the run.

It's very strange that you should mention that, because the reason I felt so compelled to write to you is because my father-in-law, Bennie Angelo, was murdered years ago, and while the police know the two people involved in the murder, they didn't have sufficient evidence to charge them, so they remain free. Bennie was a Pearl Harbor veteran in his 80s, a widower, and he lived alone. A woman in her 40s befriended him, and eventually convinced her boyfriend to help her steal from Benny, beat him to get him to open a safe with a large amount of money in it, and they shot him and tried to burn his body in his own home.

As you can imagine, this ROCKED the family to it's very core. Imagine telling your kids that their grandpa was murdered! I am no longer married to Bennie's son, but I can tell you that Bennie's kids, (three women and my ex) have never been able to move on from this terrible tragedy. I've resolved that the murderers will never be convicted, and while, I'm not sure I have forgiven them, I don't waste my time hating them because, they will get theirs one day. What goes around, comes around, and I'm a real believer in Kharma.

So I guess that's what I wanted to share with you. The man that made the fatal mistake and caused all those deaths (unless he was drunk or on drugs), didn't do that intentionally. And so I think I could forgive that man. I can only imagine your pain, multiplied by 23 is what he feels every single day! What a life sentence, even though he didn't go to jail!

So maybe this will help you, maybe not, but I DO understand! I know how you feel, and hugs to you and I'm so happy you've been able to begin a wonderful new life! Oh, and I looked at your website! Those horses are soooo beautiful!

Take care!
Sharon

Quote:

It's very strange that you should mention that, because the reason I felt so compelled to write to you is because my father-in-law, Bennie Angelo, was murdered years ago, and while the police know the two people involved in the murder, they didn't have sufficient evidence to charge them, so they remain free. Bennie was a Pearl Harbor veteran in his 80s, a widower, and he lived alone. A woman in her 40s befriended him, and eventually convinced her boyfriend to help her steal from Benny, beat him to get him to open a safe with a large amount of money in it, and they shot him and tried to burn his body in his own home.

As you can imagine, this ROCKED the family to it's very core. Imagine telling your kids that their grandpa was murdered! I am no longer married to Bennie's son, but I can tell you that Bennie's kids, (three women and my ex) have never been able to move on from this terrible tragedy. I've resolved that the murderers will never be convicted, and while, I'm not sure I have forgiven them, I don't waste my time hating them because, they will get theirs one day. What goes around, comes around, and I'm a real believer in Kharma.

So I guess that's what I wanted to share with you. The man that made the fatal mistake and caused all those deaths (unless he was drunk or on drugs), didn't do that intentionally. And so I think I could forgive that man. I can only imagine your pain, multiplied by 23 is what he feels every single day! What a life sentence, even though he didn't go to jail!

So maybe this will help you, maybe not, but I DO understand! I know how you feel, and hugs to you and I'm so happy you've been able to begin a wonderful new life! Oh, and I looked at your website! Those horses are soooo beautiful!

Take care!
Sharon

Thank you Sharon and thank you for sharing this story. It was incredibly saddening and I cannot being to imagine how the family must feel. I hope they will be able to lead a halfway normal life some day and move on.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom