Today's Adventure

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by kimntep, May 24, 2011.

1. kimntep

kimntep Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2010
    Ocala, Florida
    They just found the front yard today!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He's not sure about these funny looking cats, but he sure wishes they'd scratch his belly..but they just think he's a strange looking chicken.
    [​IMG]

2. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    The pictures are adorable. What an adventure they had. Thanks for sharing. They are all beautiful. [​IMG]

3. Tina D

Tina D Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2010
    Dutchess County, NY
    Beautiful birds! I love the kitty, waiting and hoping for a belly-rub... LOL

4. kimntep

Dec 30, 2010
    Ocala, Florida
    Thanks! That's only 1/4 of the flock, but the rest were so excited and were on all sides of the house. They normally just hang out in the back and now they realize what nice plants we have all over..great for shade and lots of bugs! They discovered that lots of little critters like to hang out under the little orange trees in the side yard and that they can jump to reach the peaches on the low branches on the other side. I installed a mister that hangs in their favorite shade tree and I put out a couple of pans of water with frozen water bottles in them. It was a sweltering 97 degrees here today and I just had to let them out to play! They had a blast!

5. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    What a well-groomed yard! I noticed how the gang was staying in the shade. Florida sun is already hot this time of year.

6. kimntep

Dec 30, 2010
    Ocala, Florida
    Yeah, well I'm afraid DH's yard won't be so well-groomed soon! We own a nursery and he does upscale landscaping, so alll of our beds are (were) nicely mulched, but the girls sure like to kick things around to hunt for bugs and worms. We had a beautiful flagstone walkway from the side door to our pool with beautiful landscaping on each side and the girls have covered the stone with mulch! So far DH has not complained too much..I think he may love the gang as much as I do!

7. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Great Pics, looks like they're enjoying their day out. [​IMG]

~ Aspen

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by