Tolbunt Polish

Pics
Sharon- I'm honestly not trying to knock GFF- I like what they do..... I was using them to base price off chick price compared to egg price at this place. When they get their imports in I plan on getting some offspring of those- I'm sure their price will be higher than the current flock's chick price.

Oh no, i didn't take it that way.

Ok make it 3 dozen!!!! :D lololol... GFF is the priciest Ive seen but again folksnhave been pleased ??? From what I have read on here?
In the mean time...you should see my DH watch the incubator!!! "How many are hatching today???"
How many are in bator? How many waiting to go in??? New daddy!!!: :rolleyes:: hahaha

3 doz is probly more correct- I've gotten lucky with getting "cheap" prices with the Tolbunt eggs I've gotten

I put my eggs in the lockdown\hatching bator last night- they are due to hatch on fri & sun (2 groups) I keep looking at the bator anyway knowing they won't hatch yet :)
On a sad note- dropped one about 6" and it has cracks on the shell- no leaking- but not sure it will be ok. It's from my split pen- so only a 25% chance of Tolbunt color from that pen.....

Lol I was thinking about you when I posted that Sharon...How happy you were;)

Hi,
I am new to Polish, I have 2 silver laced bantams that are nearly 6 weeks old, could you possibly have a look at a few photos and see if you can tell their gender. would really appreciate it. thank you, Laura

The last pic looks like a hen. Nice doo. I can't tell with the other pics. I feathering on the head should be round on the female. The feathers are more rounded too

My eggs are cheeping.......

Yay! How exciting! Good luck!
fl.gif

NICE eeyore!!!!!

I think I have 6 in lockdown and 15 in bator? 10 waiting to go in....

Had to put one one little guy down today;( spraddle leg that just would not heal....I spent 10 days trying to get him to walk with his issue...I though I had it as he stood ip and walked for two days really nicely...found him wide apart yesterday :(

Yay!  How exciting!  Good luck! :fl

Thank you! I'm very excited! The ones due tomorrow are the 13 splits from Illia, Sun the ones out of mine are due to hatch (4 from my tolbunt pen, 8 from my split pen), and then on the 3rd (not in the hatcher yet) the 10 from you are due to hatch!!

NICE eeyore!!!!!
Had to put one one little guy down today;( spraddle leg that just would not heal....I spent 10 days trying to get him to walk with his issue...I though I had it as he stood ip and walked for two days really nicely...found him wide apart yesterday :(

I want to see them NOW!! But they will pop out when they are ready....
I have a lot in lockdown- but I don't have a Tolbunt roo- so only split roos. I have no idea how many will be Tolbunt. Lots of GL splits, a couple tolbunts if I'm lucky. My ones from Dancing Hen go in the hatcher soon- those most should be tolbunt, she has tolbunt over tolbunt, with one GL hen in there.

I have 22 in the bator from my pens still to candle, and mom is gathering more for me. Can't wait til mine are moved out here! Will be a lot easier!

That sucks about your bad leg guy- might be better this way in the long run for it.

Your 6 are due tomorrow to right?

Yay!  How exciting!  Good luck! :fl

Thank you! I'm very excited! The ones due tomorrow are the 13 splits from Illia, Sun the ones out of mine are due to hatch (4 from my tolbunt pen, 8 from my split pen), and then on the 3rd (not in the hatcher yet) the 10 from you are due to hatch!!

NICE eeyore!!!!!

I want to see them NOW!! But they will pop out when they are ready....
I have a lot in lockdown- but I don't have a Tolbunt roo- so only split roos. I have no idea how many will be Tolbunt. Lots of GL splits, a couple tolbunts if I'm lucky. My ones from Dancing Hen go in the hatcher soon- those most should be tolbunt, she has tolbunt over tolbunt, with one GL hen in there.

I have 22 in the bator from my pens still to candle, and mom is gathering more for me. Can't wait til mine are moved out here! Will be a lot easier!

That sucks about your bad leg guy- might be better this way in the long run for it.

Your 6 are due tomorrow to right?

28th...then more on the 30th then the 15th....candled all the ones that have been un 4 days...all growing! Ive had 100% fertility for 4 weeks straight so..I think were done with guessing! Lol I have tons of eggs coming in the mail next week so .Im debating asking Dh if hell allow me to put an auction up or two since I will have absolutely no room in MY bator! Lol He wanted more millie fluer duccles so I have 30+ coming and some sex links for customers...you have tons! Good for you!

Its hard just sitting there waiting! Hearing peeping drives me nuts! Haha

28th...then more on the 30th then the 15th....candled all the ones that have been un 4 days...all growing! Ive had 100% fertility for 4 weeks straight so..I think were done with guessing! Lol I have tons of eggs coming in the mail next week so .Im debating asking Dh if hell allow me to put an auction up or two since I will have absolutely no room in MY bator! Lol He wanted more millie fluer duccles so I have 30+ coming and some sex links for customers...you have tons! Good for you!
Its hard just sitting there waiting! Hearing peeping drives me nuts! Haha

yes the peeping is driving me nuts too!
pop.gif

I have Millie Fluer D'Unccles in mine for mom too, plus eggs from her many color polish flock & egg layer (multi breeds- mostly mutts pop out) pens for her as well, plus 23 cochin eggs for my friend that is letting me set up pens in his barn for my birds (he already has cochins) Plus all of my eggs........ bought and laid ones. lol- I love the cabinet incubator..... just have to plan my hatch outs right so I don't over fill the lockdown/hatching table top incubator!! All of mom's but the millies are in there with my 3 polish batches- I had to make little wire pens for 3 of the polish eggs groups so I don't mix them up. I left Illia's out in the open as they will hatch first so I can pull those without taking the top off.... I've decided that I won't have this many groups to seperate from now on. Luckily the ones fom Dancing hen will go in after these are out- then it will be just my 2 pens to keep the chicks seperate out of.
My GL split pen has great fertility so far, and the Tolbunt hens with the split roo..... not great % still!
he.gif

hmmmmmmm you might do an auction..... what lines are yours from again? I'm thinking Bare Ness & Creekside? the only ones of those I have are in the bator from Dancing Hen....... my Tolbunts are from Jim Parker & my splits are out of Green Acre Tolbunts (lol- including my eggs from Illia)....... hmmmmmmmmm have to check the funds when you put an auction up!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom