tomatoes, peppers, and spinach

tiki244

Flock Mistress
12 Years
Jan 1, 2008
WestCentralWisconsin
and they are worried about our chickens
barnie.gif

what i dont understand is why are these people not washing thereveggies.I mean come one you dont know if the pickers or anyone else handeling the fruit/veggies washed there hands.What ever happened to common sence.i think america lost it when they became sheep.....

Quote:
REALLY!

Well the store bought ones dont taste very good anyway!

It is really so bad for most of the farmers that dont even have this in their crops but are having to destroy them. Just local foods is the way to go!!!!!!!!

It really is a shame that people don't have better sanitation practices ..and then, as soon as they fall ill to their own bad practice ....innocent folk suffer.

Dealing with reptiles, people are always sooooooooo scared of salmonella outbreaks ...in all my life, I've never had a salmonella issue ..not once! I wash up in between handling and other things ...and my animals are clean and in clean environments.

You'd think food items would be higher on the priority for cleanliness ..than animals! Geeez!

A few years ago there was a strawberry scare down here because a migrant worker couldn't hold it anymore and had diarrhea all over the strawberry field. Seriously, how many port-o-lets do you see in a bean field etc.? When you gotta go, you gotta go. Just something for you all to think about. Me? I don't eat store bought anything. I go to u-picks or grow them myself.

Quote:
eeeeew! Thanks for putting that picture into my brain! I'll think of it everytime I go throught he produce aisle! Yuk!

thats it no more strawberries for me and i ate Plant City ones, blech , thanks.

Quote:
eeeeew! Thanks for putting that picture into my brain! I'll think of it everytime I go throught he produce aisle! Yuk!

thats it no more strawberries for me and i ate Plant City ones, blech , thanks.

Well...In all honesty, it's not just the strawberry pickers that have to take a load off ya know. There really is no facilities for the veggie pickers to go in. I never seen a portable bathroom on a large farm. Uggggh. Anyway, still something to think about. Blucky as it is. Fuzzy animals aren't the only ones hiking their legs on your peppers.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom