Tomorrow is day 21...

IggiMom

Songster
10 Years
Apr 12, 2009
West Virginia
And I am hearing tiny little cheeps from the eggs!

Wow!

It really works!

And I would like to mention that a member of this forum was a GREAT help in telling me how to use my LG.

Yes, the humidity is up but not enough--it says 59%--hopefully it will be ok.

I have to open the box to turn the later hatching eggs 3 x daily, so each time I mist the hatching eggs a little bit. Hopefully that will help.

If you can't put some wet sponges in...try a wet washcloth. Cover as much surface area as you can...that should help get the humidity up. What works great for me is the sea sponges. Best of luck and keep us updated!

fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Isn't it EXCITING!!!

wee.gif

I 2nd the motion for wet sponges..

I also mist the area around the eggs rather than the eggs, when I open the hatcher to take out hatched babies to move them to my "drying brooder/hatcher" and others are still in there the main hatcher.

... I find that if I don't have the humidity up around 65%, I get babies stuck in the shells.

congrats and good luck with the home stretch!

thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
I third the motion for humidity. I just had that problem and had several eggs I had to hand peel to save the chicks. I thought the humidity was good, but now think my hygrometer is messed up. Its not fun to try to get them out of the shell when they are paper mache and glued all together. Next round I am going to keep it on the high end of the scale intead of the lower end. Think I would have had a much better hatch rate too. Plus the intervention may have cost me the other eggs that would/could have hatched. Keep it moist:love

Congrats on nearing the finish line

Well, there is a tiny hole in one egg. So that is good, I think.

I have the darn humidity up to 56. The whole thing that isn't eggs is wet wash cloths.

I couldn't go out to get sponges, my car is in the garage.

I am so involved with these eggs that I forgot. I went to go get in the car, and it wasn't there. Oh.

I keep thinking perhaps something is wrong with the thingy that measures the humidity, because it has done nothing but rain here. The humidity must be about 100% outside the bater! I baked an angel food cake and it is all gooshy.

The place in front of the coop is slick beyond belief; if I fall no one will find me until August. So if you don't hear from me you will know what happened.

I am still hearing cheeping. Only one little hole, though...

Thats good!!
Sometimes they can sit there with one little hole (pip) for up to 24 hrs+... so just a little more patience.

Try to get that humidity up a little more. ..misting or wet sponges. If mine is below 65 ish, I have had trouble with chicks getting stuck so they can't turn and zip the egg.

I find myself wanting to take vacation time from work so I can be here on hatching days...LOL ...and if I am at work, I am calling my son every few hours for an update...LOL

....come on BABIES!!!
wee.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
ROFL! That is how it is here ... only, if I fall, the barred rock rooster will eat me and nobody will ever find me! Nasty bird
rant.gif

Good luck on your hatch!
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom