Too early to clip my ducks' wings?

My four female Muscovies will be 12 weeks old this week (according to the person I got them from). They have been flying short distances but getting quite high. Is it too early to clip their wings?
If they are flting you can clip their wings. I got some that just started flying and need to clip them.

I guess my question is - are they really flying? They are getting as much lift as a standard chicken. Can adult female Muscovies fly farther than a chicken?
Female muscovies can fly very well! You asked if it was too early to clip, and it's only too early if their primary flight feathers aren't finished growing in. Immature primaries have some blood in them, so they could bleed if clipped too early.

Female muscovies can fly very well! You asked if it was too early to clip, and it's only too early if their primary flight feathers aren't finished growing in. Immature primaries have some blood in them, so they could bleed if clipped too early.
Sorry for the confusion, I worded my questions poorly. So you think at 12 weeks old their primary feathers are finished growing and can be safely clipped?

Back
Top Bottom