Too high humidity!

Hotpocket52

Chirping
Jan 27, 2020
Just got a cheap chinese incubator and the humidity is set correctly but display shows 99% RH. Got a humidity gauge to double check and it has super high humidity inside. Set it to 30% RH and let some fresh air in to see if it would go down at all, but it's still increasing. Any ideas?
15801761662821499015849516601490.jpg

Last edited:
Is this an incubator with an automatic humidity pump that's adding water to itself to control the humidity? If not, and you had to add water manually, the way to reduce the humidity would be to decrease the surface area of water in the incubator, which would mean taking water out.

Just got a cheap chinese incubator and the humidity is set correctly but display shows 99% RH. Got a humidity gauge to double check and it has super high humidity inside. Set it to 30% RH and let some fresh air in to see if it would go down at all, but it's still increasing. Any ideas?
Did you salt test your hygrometer before taking any measurments? Can you take a pic of the incubator, including the water troughs, if any.

Is this an incubator with an automatic humidity pump that's adding water to itself to control the humidity? If not, and you had to add water manually, the way to reduce the humidity would be to decrease the surface area of water in the incubator, which would mean taking water out.
Do you think just some small cups in the bottom instead of filling the channels? I live in a pretty humid area so maybe the moisture in the air is enough. Also gonna try some rice to soak up moisture in there.

Do you think just some small cups in the bottom instead of filling the channels? I live in a pretty humid area so maybe the moisture in the air is enough. Also gonna try some rice to soak up moisture in there.

Yeah, I'd do just some small cups and see how that goes - it looks like those channels would be creating a lot of surface area of water, more than you need before lockdown.

Best hygrometer for hatching chickens is this. Check on day 7 and 14. Add humidity (water) if the air cell is progressing to rapidly.
700.gif

Back
Top Bottom