Too hot?

I rigged up a heat source with two 25-watt bulbs, but knew they weren't really warm enough, so I was finally able to get to TSC for a heat lamp. Now, I don't know if they're just so happy to be warm that they are laid out comfortably, or if they're too hot....?

They will try and get as far away from the heat source as possible and often open their beaks (this is how chickens cool down)

CT

They will try and get as far away from the heat source as possible and often open their beaks (this is how chickens cool down)

CT
Thanks for your quick reply! They don't seem to be trying to get away. After quite some time, I did just see one with his beak open, but the rest are laid out, sleeping, I guess. LOL

You are welcome. If its a concern, consider raising your lamp a little and observing them. If they group together, they are too cold but if they run around doing their usual chicken thing, then they are fine.

CT

You are welcome. If its a concern, consider raising your lamp a little and observing them. If they group together, they are too cold but if they run around doing their usual chicken thing, then they are fine.

CT
Great! Thanks! I think they're fine...I'm just being a worry wart. I think they're just finally warm ENOUGH.

Thats great - its normal to fret and worry - we all do!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom