Too Many Apples!

L&Schickens

Songster
11 Years
Jun 9, 2008
Washington State
I have just picked out my first apple tree ever and not only do I have a zillion apples, many of them are bruised, I am sure due to my less then gently handling of them.
Anyway, I think they are all going to end up as apple sauce or pie filling.
Can I core them and just boil them without peeling? Will the peels come off easily that way, or do I have to peel them all?

Hi, I just cut them in quarters and cut out the bad spots, then I put them in the pot with some water as they simmer, I keep adding apples and a little more water (you don't want them to burn ), then after they are "just right" I add sugar to taste, then I can them in a bath canner, They taste WONDERFUL on a cold winters day.Enjoy.
wee.gif

Forgot to add- I cut off the skin,too

Last edited:
I love fall apples.

I do fried apples as a side dish. I do apple butter and pie filling. My kids love baked apples for dessert. We do apples baked with squash and prunes served with pork. Apples are good so many ways! We juice and drink cider too.

I canned apple pie filling with the miniscule apples from my tree (talk about a labor of love!). Tonight I made apple turnovers with a jar that didn't seal and some phyllo we found on clearance. Cheap cheap!! I think that all 5 turnovers might have cost 50 cents total. WOW.

My friend's apples became applesauce. We're going to have our first jar of applesauce with pork chops later this week.

YAY!!

Back
Top Bottom