Too many options...I'm so overwhelmed

My hubby just said...see told ya!!
Thanks!!!!! I just never let anything be simple!!
:lauyou'd be amazed what I've seen chickens in
new coop.jpg
thKOJUAZ4L.jpg
see

View attachment 1297567 View attachment 1297568 Y'all please ignore all the "junk" our property is a work in progress!! Here are a couple pics of what we are working with. The portion to the left of the "shed/carport" is what we will be using. The sliding glass door box will be moved...don't ask cause I have no clue it was here when we bought this property ...and the coop will go there between the trees.

You can make a mighty fine chicken coop out of that. Add some more support, hardware cloth, a wire base. You can enclose the back part for added protection from the freaky weather we have (I'm in the same area as you). Shade cloth works great if the sun is strong during the afternoon. In our area you have to deal with the heat, drought, high winds, and the occasional flood.

You can make a mighty fine chicken coop out of that. Add some more support, hardware cloth, a wire base. You can enclose the back part for added protection from the freaky weather we have (I'm in the same area as you). Shade cloth works great if the sun is strong during the afternoon. In our area you have to deal with the heat, drought, high winds, and the occasional flood.
Do you think she'll need full walls for the enclosed area or just slap up some roofing panels etc for wind protection?

I'd use a solid wall if possible for the days we get those frigid rainy windy days. My bachelor pad has extra heavy duty tarp tied to two sides in late winter. It would be three sides the but horse barn gives added protection to the northeast side. I leave the southeast side open for added warmth.

Back
Top Bottom