Toss Training Pigeons

ByrdMane

Hatching
Dec 21, 2020
Hey I need some help I bought some homing pigeons I dont really know how old they are i done had em for a lil over 3 months now I let em out the loft 3 different days they flew around an trap back ok so I took one up the street and let him go but he just flew up in the closes tree I seen him flyin around the neighborhood but he never came back what does this mean ? How do I know if my pigeons or how do I get my pigeons ready for a toss ? Or how do I get my pigeons to fly straight home after a toss ?

Tagging @backyard pigeons , he is training and good at explaining. You've done well keeping them in for a bit and getting them loft flying and trap trained.

How far down the street did you take him?

I don't think I'd take a lone bird on a first toss...how many birds do you have?
Probably the first toss should be very, very close

To get them to fly straight home - fly them before you feed them.

I don't know where you live but here the Hawks are much hungrier for pigeons in winter so I don't fly mine this time of year.

Last edited:
I’m no pro as this is my first year with pigeons but from what I have read/heard you should be loft flying then much more than 3 times before taking them for a toss. They should be loft flying for around 30 min to an hr before they get tossed and I loft flew mine more than 15 times before I tossed mine for he first time

I’m no pro as this is my first year with pigeons but from what I have read/heard you should be loft flying then much more than 3 times before taking them for a toss. They should be loft flying for around 30 min to an hr before they get tossed and I loft flew mine more than 15 times before I tossed mine for he first time
I definitely agree with that! Good advice. :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom