Toulouse Geese Thread

Pics
_MG_6393.jpg

The girls this weekend. With Gigi - Mottled Houdan and Macy - my poor molting duck. At least I hope she's molting. Her feathers are in really bad condition! No more being broody!
Also, they were 5 months old yesterday!
My Muscovies are going through molt too. Very pretty pic.

Thanks
smile.png

This is the fourth time I've broken her brood this year. Again all it takes is removing the eggs. I love that!
Well I hope it that easy for me next year, because I am roomless for any more ducks
sad.png
which I hate because I love to have broody and babies.
smile.png
I still have a Bantam cochin frizzle sitting in the nest box she is going to start hatching Nothing in a few days.
roll.png

Hi Shellie - they're looking lovely and so impressive as a group. How many have you got now?

Hi James - Im afraid not as they're so scare in the UK. This year we only bred Buff splits and Greys. As they're so scarce in the UK I have been unable to locate anymore myself and we're hoping that the next breeding season will see us establish a larger flock of Buffs.

Pete
wink.png

Hi Shellie - they're looking lovely and so impressive as a group.  How many have you got now? 

Hi James - Im afraid not as they're so scare in the UK.  This year we only bred Buff splits and Greys.  As they're so scarce in the UK I have been unable to locate anymore myself and we're hoping that the next breeding season will see us establish a larger flock of Buffs.

Pete ;)
I think the buff are scarce in many places, not just the UK. Even Celtic was having a hard time locating a gander!

My boy is across the border :D Oh Winston, I can't wait to meet you! :gig

lol aoxa, please post pictures when you get him.

I did manage to talk Iain (Janet) into shipping a grey gander to us, but yes the buff ganders are hard to locate currently. Which is sad since we are looking to establish a breeding program with them, and have the time and mind set to hatch, grow out and cull those who dont meet the standard. Not everyone is able to handle the culling.

Back
Top Bottom