Toys for Chickens?

Quote:
66234_img_3873.jpg

My girls love it! My EE and SS (top left hand corner) know exactly what to do with it. They roll it with their beak or with their feet. The other girls just wait for the goodies to fall out.

There are some who put in a jungle gym of sorts in the coops or runs for their flock. This could include homemade ladders of varying heights, mirrors, swings, etc. So if you think your flock will enjoy it? Go for it!!

I drill a few holes in a small plastic water bottle/soda bottle, fill it with scratch, and either suspend it with a string or leave it on the ground. Sit back and watch chicken pinata or chicken soccer. Lots of fun! They spend a good 30-45 minutes trying to get all the wheat and corn until the scratch runs out. You need to ration how much you put in the bottle- my greedy girls will eat a bottle full of scratch if I fill it up completely.

I put a flock block in my coop and my girls wont touch it
sad.png
biggest waste of money ever. My girls love the grape tomatoes but funny thing is my girls wont eat anything the normal chicken would love. Why must I be stuck with the difficult ones. Cant I ever get a break
hit.gif

Mine have a full (chicken) length mirror. The EE likes that the most. I tend to turn their treats into toys by hanging them up on the tree trunk in their run, eg an apple, corn on the cob, a hunk of grass with dirt. That way as the peck it moves so they have to 'chase' it. They get very excited and there is much 'discussion' between them as the try to take the treat down lol

Quote:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/66234_img_3873.jpg
My girls love it! My EE and SS (top left hand corner) know exactly what to do with it. They roll it with their beak or with their feet. The other girls just wait for the goodies to fall out.

the one top left and bottom left look alot like 2 of the ones i have here

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/109175_image48.jpg

This is Josephine, She is an EE. (top left)
66234_img_0646.jpg

This is Clara. She is a Welsummer ( bottom left pic)
66234_img_3837.jpg

Much too much....he also has a 'liking' for teddy bears, fluffy slippers, any of the dog's toys etc AND no need to wing dance them or face the wrath of alpha male.

Back
Top Bottom