Toys for Pot Belly Pigs ...any ideas

2468Chickensrgr8

Songster
12 Years
Nov 7, 2007
Ontario
As some of you know I recently got a 12/13 week old Pot Belly Pig .As of now she is in my kitchen until the weather turns warmer and she'll be out in her own penned in area with a pig hut ....
I have used an emptied plastic pop bottle with holes in it filled with frozen peas and cherrios .
My question is can you suggest any other "toys" that could keep her occupied?while in the house ........thanks so much ...

They might enjoy sitting in a skillet.
gig.gif
Sorry I got that a little backwards, I like them in a skillet.

Quote:
tongue.gif
Ha ha ha !!
You know what everyone is phoning me and asking when the pig roast is and what they can bring !!! very funny ! Not this piggy !

You can make her a rooting box. Get a big wooden box or heavy cardboard. Something she can climb into without destroying. One of those kids turtle sandboxes would work too. Then put a bunch of rolled up balls of newspaper, or a bunch of balls...think ball crawl. Or anything like that. Then add some cheerios and she can root around inside of it to find the treats. This is fun to watch and will keep her busy and out of trouble.
Edited to add that you could even put good size rocks in the box.

Last edited:
Hey thats a good idea....Do you think its to cold to take her out side for a walk? Its about 22 F here and a couple inches of snow ?She's about 12 weeks now?.......thanks so much ...

Since she is living indoors I would put a dog coat on her. She might enjoy going for a short walk. My pots live in the barn and during summer and fall the two younger ones were in and out all day. They haven't been out at all since the snow and cold hit. They would rather be inside buried in their straw. Can't say I blame them.
I remember that you were taking her out in the snow to potty. She might enjoy it. If not, she will let you know....lol

I use empty 2 liter bottles with holes poked in them...
then i put their food/treats in the bottle..and they roll the bottle all around to get the food out...
Any toy that is food motivated they will play with..

RedHen I just read your information again ...Does your husband REALLLLY clean up after all those animals?.....or are you just bu*^ #$%^&*( us?......lol
Yes I use a plastic 2 l pop bottle with holes in it ....and cut up veggies into it but the little bugger eats it all fast ....should I give her a break in between the bottle toy ...so she can get use to just chilling out ?....
Maybe less holes ?........

Quote:
LOL..nope..i be speaking the truth ..Hubby DOES clean up after them all
bun.gif
... from vaccuming (sometimes i will vaccuum though.. if i'm feeling frisky..
gig.gif
).. to cat litter boxes.... to dog poop... to the outside animal pens..
*my mother tells me that i should be embarrassed to admit that..*
hide.gif
idunno.gif

yup..i'm a lazy hag..poor hubby..
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom