Tractor Supply Chicks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After reading many reviews, I realized stores use different hatcheries according to their location unfortunately my store uses Privett. I went to their website to see if I could figure out what bantams I had. They had very few choices and everything was sold in variety packs. Luckily, I've been able to keep 6 of 7 alive for 4 weeks now but its been very hard work

After reading many reviews, I realized stores use different hatcheries according to their location unfortunately my store uses Privett. I went to their website to see if I could figure out what bantams I had. They had very few choices and everything was sold in variety packs. Luckily, I've been able to keep 6 of 7 alive for 4 weeks now but its been very hard work

Replace! They were pretty friendly towards my return of a chick with pro lapse. I'd ask them. I did have to return the chick though.

All of my chickens (less this batch of silkies) have come from Privett. I have not had ANY issues. I've lost a single chick out of close to 80 birds.

They are my top pick for chickens.

All of my chickens (less this batch of silkies) have come from Privett. I have not had ANY issues. I've lost a single chick out of close to 80 birds.

They are my top pick for chickens.
I am glad to hear you had good luck with them. Mine looked so rough but now they have feathered out nicely. I did get really lucky with my 2 Cochin. They both are frizzled. Yay

I would not hold as much blame on TSC as I would the hatchery they use. TSC orders mainly the special packages such as the pullet surprise or assorted bantams. Its my opinion that those packages are full of chicks that didn't quite make the cut to send out as the healthier, more expensive chicks sold as individual breeds. Basically, they get the runts

Don't forget that the chicks in stores tend to be more stressed out. First they get shipped from the hatchery, then if they are lucky, they take another ride to your house. If those two events occur close together, they might be too stressed. .Even chicks that are weeks old, could get stressed going to a new home. They hopefully will recover no matter, how old they are.

CG

I am glad to hear you had good luck with them. Mine looked so rough but now they have feathered out nicely. I did get really lucky with my 2 Cochin. They both are frizzled. Yay

We got a frizzled Cochin, an EE bantam, and a golden sebright! They're all so sweet! We've got another that I can't identify that was the bantam bin that is adorable too. I'll post a pic and see if any of you have any ideas.

Any ideas what kind of chick this is? It's the smallest of all of the ones in the bantam bin and is clean legged. It's very calm.

I'll wait for pic! I have gotten pretty good at identifying. I got 20 today from ideal. They were in excellent condition. Polish, frizzles, silkies, Americauna, Favorelle Australorp, and rocks

Back
Top Bottom