Tractor Supply federal tracking!?

IDEAL POULTRY posted this a few days ago.

"The Texas Animal Health Commission (TAHC) has ‘strongly recommended’ that Tractor Supply Company (TSC) gather personal information from their customers when they purchase baby poultry. This is not in compliance with the current laws. The current law is stated below and I have bolded the portion of the law that applied to this situation.....We believe that the TAHC has overstepped their authority in the case of ‘highly recommending’ to TSC that they obtain personal information from their customers that purchase baby poultry. We are asking that you contact Andy Schwartz DVM at the TAHC [email protected] and that you also file a complaint with the TAHC at [email protected]. Ideal Poultry is strongly against the position taken by the TAHC on this issue and would appreciate you contacting your local State Representative and Senator, National Representative and Senator and the TAHC. Your actions can and will help the poultry industry in the State of Texas as well as future Federal legislation."

Last edited by idealpoultry (03/26/2009 8:54 am)

HERE IS THE LINK TO THE PAGE WHERE THIS WAS POSTED:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=152154

Hmmm. I am well over the age of 21, but methinks it could be time to get a fake ID... or for some of you in certain locations to think about this.
big_smile.png

We were in our local TSC buying things for our new babies comming in Monday and my DS went to look at the rabbits and chicks they had some cute EE's my son and I were talking it though when a employee from TSC ran up and told us WE HAVE TO BUY 6 and couldn't buy any less I told him I was aware of it mind you I have 6 waterers in my cart 4 feeders and a 50 pd bag a feed . I asked him well if I buy a rabbit do I have to buy 6? There was no reason for him to be tacky about it. After he left my DS said he didn't have to be ugly about it momma. so needless to say no chicks from TSC no supplies for the comming babies I have to make a trip to a feed store the next town over since we left everything at TSC.

I asked him well if I buy a rabbit do I have to buy 6? There was no reason for him to be tacky about it.

What people can't take sarcasim? I would have reacted the same way you did. What the heck is the big deal!
barnie.gif

my goodness!
hmm.png

All in all from previous posts,
Contact your State and Federal gov representatives.

If you do not then all posts here are a moot point and are reactive instead of proactive.

NYS requires a 6 chick purchase at any one time. I stinks. Single person household. Don't need 6 laying hens. I wanted a small backyard flock of 3 or 4 birds, all different breeds. Local Agway only gets 2 breeds per week. I was forced to buy 3 Easter Eggers and 3 Speckled Sussex. I only wanted one of each. Next week when the Australorps and Buff Orpingtons come in I'll have to buy 6 again to end up with one of each. Means I have to find homes for 8 chicks I don't want.

CTS told me if I wanted both chicks and ducks I'd have to buy 6 of each. Can't buy 4 chicks, 2 ducks. Nope, have to buy 6 of each species. Very frustrating.

Seems like to solve a problem, of chicks being impulse purchases and then abandoned, legislators have created another problem. I now will have excess chicks I don't want. Should I find the nearest lawmaker and drop the extras off on his or her lawn?

Well, you could ship the extra chicks to your state agriculture committees in your legislature along with a note about how you don't want to have to buy 6 chicks... and ask them to change the law. If a few arrived dead perhaps it would highlight why it is a stupid law. (Not seriously suggesting this.)

I don't understand how being forced to buy extra chicks helps anything. For some people it just means buying the chicks and dumping the extras wherever they can get rid of them.

IN Pa We did have to fill out a form. All I can say for TS is that I know next to nothing about chickens. I have studied about them for a week on BYC. When i went to TS they knew less than I did.
hmm.png
tongue.gif

Back
Top Bottom