Transformation video from 3 days-8 weeks

Extremely high prey drive. But I haven't had a squirrel, raccoon, or any other critter in the yard for 2 years 🤣

There are times, I wish I had a lazier breed, but I wouldn't trade her for the world. They're truly an intelligent and unique breed. Never had such a special bond with a dog.
I was about to say, I wouldn't trust my dobie with a 10' pole around chicks. My hens I can trust her with as long as I'm not throwing out treats. She did once chomp some tail feathers off a hen because the hen was eating scratch and the dog determined that should be her food. She also spends hours eating all of the chicken poop from the yard....

I'd love to see this, but your video didn't embed. Post it first to You Tube, copy the URL, then paste the URL here. It will automatically embed.

Beautiful dog. I had Dobies for many years (showed them and did rescue) and love that breed. Have a Mastiff now (lower prey drive in a country setting).

Beautiful dog. I had Dobies for many years (showed them and did rescue) and love that breed. Have a Mastiff now (lower prey drive in a country setting).
Extremely high prey drive. But I haven't had a squirrel, raccoon, or any other critter in the yard for 2 years 🤣

There are times, I wish I had a lazier breed, but I wouldn't trade her for the world. They're truly an intelligent and unique breed. Never had such a special bond with a dog.

I was about to say, I wouldn't trust my dobie with a 10' pole around chicks. My hens I can trust her with as long as I'm not throwing out treats. She did once chomp some tail feathers off a hen because the hen was eating scratch and the dog determined that should be her food. She also spends hours eating all of the chicken poop from the yard....

Lol

We taught her "easy" pretty early. She will not put her mouth on anything unless I give bite command. We also had the chicks in a brooder in the kitchen so she got to get used to them and see how gentle we were with them. She was thinking a lot about chicken nuggets though 🤣

Yeah that was my fear, if a Dobie breached the fence after a deer or something they would disappear into hundreds of acres of woodland. And dobies believe their owners should be kept busy!

Though I have fallen in love with the livestock guardian dogs. Incredibly loyal and protective but with virtually no prey drive. They were bred to guard without human guidance so they see their owners as friends/sheep, very different attitude than Dobies.

Yeah that was my fear, if a Dobie breached the fence after a deer or something they would disappear into hundreds of acres of woodland. Course after living here a few years a lost Coonhound showed up and they are exactly the same way (fast, agile and go insane after prey).

Dobies are so incredibly beautiful and maybe one day I will have one again, though I have fallen in love with the livestock guardian dogs. Very mellow, will sit around at your feet for hours, but incredibly loyal and will decimate any threat they see. Definitely not a dog for households that have lots of visitors. :)

Sounds familiar lol.

We live on 80 acres and are connected to 1000s, but I couldn't pay my dog to run off lol. She loves getting after the deer, but most of the time I just make her watch them as they cross the driveway.

She loves being outside, but for the most part, she's only outside when we are. She has to be by my side.

She is fine with humans if we take her out in public, like pet store, park, etc. But anyone that comes to the house is a different story. Ideally, that's what most of us should want anyway. Well behaved in public and a threat to strangers around the house. She is true to her breed.

Ofcourse, anyone who sees a Doberman, Pit, Mastiff, German Shepherd etc is going to caution anyway. Or should

I'd love to see this, but your video didn't embed. Post it first to You Tube, copy the URL, then paste the URL here. It will automatically embed.
Sorry. Don't know what happened. Should be fixed now

Back
Top Bottom